Logos Talk’s Recommended Commentary Series highlights some favorite commentaries by Logos academics and the user community.
We Want to Hear from You!
Each week we will post a forum thread asking which commentaries, available from Logos, are your favorites for a specific book in the Bible. This is a great opportunity to let other Logos users know which commentaries you have found valuable in your studies.
We asked Logos Educational Designer Johnny Cisneros to give us his favorite commentaries on Luke. Here are a few of his choices in no particular order:
- Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament: Luke, Volume I by Darrell L. Bock
- Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament: Luke, Volume II by Darrell L. Bock
- The Expositor’s Bible Commentary: Luke by Walter L. Liefeld
Logos Community Favorites
Here are a few commentaries suggested by Logos users:
- The Gospel of Luke: The New International Greek Testament Commentary by Howard I. Marshall
- Hermeneia: New Testament, Luke by Francois Bovon
- The New American Commentary: Luke by Robert H. Stein
- Godet’s Commentary on Luke’s Gospel (2 vols.) by Frédéric Louis Godet, M. D. Cusin, E. W. Shalders
- N. T. Wright Collection: Luke for Everyone by N. T. Wright
- A Critical and Exegetical Commentary on the Gospel According to St. Luke by Alfred A. Plummer
- Anchor Yale Bible: New Testament, The Gospel According to Luke I–IX, X–XXIV by Joseph A Fitzmeyer
This is only a small list of the suggested commentaries for Luke! For a larger selection of suggested commentaries, visit the forum post.