Today’s guest post is by Robert Campbell, from the Logos Bible Software marketing team.
As a bibliophile, I couldn’t ask for a more suitable job than working for Logos. I’m surrounded by books, I get to write about books, and I talk about books for 90% of my day (the other 10% is divided between HTML and coffee). I get to be a part of a process which makes Christian books easily accessible to a large number of people, and that’s pretty cool.
One of the things I do at Logos is making books, books you’ve asked for, available for individual download. If you haven’t visited the New Products page lately, you haven’t seen the hundreds of books we’ve listed after breaking up collections. While purchasing collections gets you a better deal, more books for the buck, sometimes individual titles out of those collections are what you really need.
As the number of books Logos offers grows, so does their diversity and range:
- Want to understand Messianic Judaism better? We’ve recently broken up the Messianic Jewish Publishers Collection, and David Stern’s Messianic Judaism: A Modern Movement With an Ancient Past: (A Revision of Messianic Jewish Manifesto) is a great place to start.
- In the mood for some laugh-out-loud Christian fiction? Calvin Miller’s O Shepherd, Where Art Thou? follows the hilarious exploits of Sam, a misguided minister, in this satire of megachurch culture.
- Ever wish you had Charles Spurgeon in your pocket to answer some of life’s daily questions? Tom Carter came up with the closest thing: 2,200 Quotations from the Writings of Charles H. Spurgeon. These quotations are alphabetically arranged by subject, an awesome reference to have in your library.
- Maybe you are working on a sermon or a paper on the book of Revelation? Buying an entire collection may not make sense when all you want is the single volume on this complicated book of the Bible. But with a quick scan down the New Products page, you can see in the last few days alone we have added John Darby’s Synopsis of the Books of the Bible: Colossians to Revelation, Stewart Custer’s From Patmos to Paradise: A Commentary on Revelation, Joseph Trafton’s Reading Revelation, and many more.
In the last few days, we have posted systematic theologies, scholarly commentaries, pastoral helps. Books on biblical archeology, astronomy in the Bible, church history, and much, much more. If you are a book lover like me, you’ll find it’s a book lover’s dream. So check out the New Products page, and check it often—we are constantly adding resources!