With the recent release of Logos 8.10, we can now link a Search panel to a resource and execute a search with a single click! Yes, you read that correctly.
Let me show you how it works:
- Open any resource such as the Lexham English Bible (A)
- Navigate to any passage such as Acts 1:8 (B)
- Choose the Panel menu on the Bible (C)
- Select Link set A (D)
- Click the Search icon in the Go box (E) to open the Search panel (F)
- Select Bible as the search type (G)
- Adjust the search ranges to the LEB (H) and New Testament (I)
- Choose the Panel menu on the Search panel (J)
- Select Link set A (K)
- Click a word in the text such as “power” (L)
- Notice a search is generated for every occurrence of the underlying Greek lemma translated “power.” (If Prefer Lemmas is set to No in Program Settings, then the search results will be for the English word “power.”) (M)
For even more power, link Bible Word Study to the above two panels, and watch what happens when you single click a word!
Also, keep in mind the Search panel can be linked to any resource, not just a Bible.
For more detailed instruction about all of the Logos 8 updates, please check out mpseminars.com.
And don’t forget to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars, and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse.