A fellow Logos user recently emailed this question to me:
I do my Bible study in the morning which usually consists of reading Scripture followed by reading commentaries and other Logos resources. Often times, I don’t have time to finish the commentary reading at home, so how can I access it later in the day on my iPad and finish reading?
Excellent question with a simple solution through the power of synchronization!
First, when you open a resource on the mobile app it will (most of the time) open to the last location you were in on the desktop program. For example, open a resource on the desktop program and navigate to page 23. Open the same book on the mobile app and it opens to page 23.
That may not, however, work all the time because of the following scenario. Imagine opening the Bible Exposition Commentary on the desktop program to John 1:1. Yet, on the mobile app you already have a Bible open to a different verse like Luke 1:1. When you open the commentary on the mobile app it will open to the current location of the Bible, Luke 1:1, not the last location of the commentary, John 1:1.
To insure you open the resource to the same spot on the mobile app as you left off on the desktop program you want to utilize Favorites:
- Open any resource to any location on the desktop program (A)
- Choose Tools | Favorites (B)
- Drag the tab of the open resource (C) and drop it in the Favorites panel (D)
- Logos now synchronizes all of your Favorites to the mobile app
- Open the mobile app on your phone or tablet
- Tap the More… link on the mobile app
- Tap Favorites
- Tap the resource in the list and it opens to the exact spot you left off in the desktop program
Of course the reverse is true as well. You can save a Favorite on the mobile app and it will sync to the desktop program!