As you well know, our Logos Bibles and books contain a lot of information. Fortunately, our software also comes with a powerful search engine allowing us to retrieve most any data we need. With the release of Logos 8, searching became easier with the addition of search templates!
For example, let’s say we want to locate the passages in which Pilate is questioning Jesus. We know they’re in the Bible somewhere we just don’t know the exact location and we’re not quite sure how to find them.
Let’s give this a go:
- Click the Search icon in the Go box to open the Search panel (A)
- Select Bible as the search type (B)
- Adjust with the drop down lists the search ranges as you desire (C)
- Click the Sidebar icon in the upper left of the Search panel (D) to toggle on the Sidebar which displays Search Templates (E)
- Click in the Speakers and Addresses section the template called One Person Asks Another Person a Question (F)
- Notice a Search Template window opens (G)
- Type Pilate in the Speaker box (H)
- Select Pilate from the drop down list (I)
- Type Jesus in the Addressee box (J)
- Select Jesus from the drop down list (K)
- Click the Search box to generate the results (L)
- You are now looking at the passages in which Pilate asks Jesus a question! (M)
Experiment with and enjoy the search templates. I think you’ll discover you can execute some complicated searches with great ease.
Please note, the search templates are in all Logos 8 Feature Sets.
For more information about all of the new Logos 8 features, please check out the What’s New in Logos 8 course in our mpseminarsonline.com subscription where you’ll find about 150 videos just about new Logos 8 enhancements.
Remember to follow Faithlife.com/mpseminars and you’ll automatically receive a FREE digital download of Dr. Grant Osborne’s commentary Ephesians Verse by Verse