We use the word culture to define the shared values and practices of a group, and one can get a real sense of the culture at Logos by our many cook-offs. What sort of things would you learn from a cook-off about the company culture at Logos?
- We love to eat
- We value the community building activity of eating together
- We have a healthy appreciation for competition
Consider the ninth annual Logos bake-off. This event was held on the afternoon of August 16, in the historic Flatiron Building.
- David Ladiges: Chocolate Chip Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
- Bethany Olsen: Butterfinger Pie
- Caleb Hazel: Barnyard Berry Cheesecake
David was more than happy to share the recipe for his award winning cheesecake pie with us!
Guilt Free Chocolate-chip Strawberry Cheesecake
2 Chocolate Oreo Pie Crusts
1 1/2 lbs. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream (room temperature)
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1 tablespoons vanilla
12 ounces chocolate chips
1–2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
Strawberry filling (vary amount to taste)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix softened cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix until smooth again. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until smooth once more. Add eggs and, yes, mix until smooth. Stir in 9 ounces of chocolate chips, reserving the remaining chips. Divide evenly into the pie crusts.
- Spread strawberry filling over the pie filling in an “S” shape and, using a knife, make shallow cuts in the filling to create a marbled effect mixing the topping into the filling. (Use about 2–5 tablespoons of filling per pie as desired). Reserve some strawberry filling for the topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50–60 minutes. When the center is nearly set (usually around 55 minutes) turning off the oven, open the oven door and leave the pies cooling for one hour.
- Remove pies to counter or wire rack to cool to room temperature before chilling in the refrigerator for 3—4 hours. After pies are chilled, spread a very thin layer of strawberry filling over the top of the pies. (Use about 1—2 tablespoons of filling per pie).
- Melt reserved chocolate chips and mix in whipping cream until smooth. Divide evenly over the pies and spread until tops of the pies are completely covered. Return pies to fridge to chill until ready to serve.
If you think your recipe could win the tenth annual bake-off or you would just like an opportunity to taste tons of tasty treats, why not look into a career with Logos Bible Software?
Leave us a comment and tell us what baked good you would enter in a Logos bake-off!