This video is excerpted from the Mobile Ed course History of Heresies, in which Dr. Michael Bird examines the missteps of theologians from the beginning of the Christian faith.
The 7-hour course will give you even more reasons to study the history of heresy. After taking the course, you’ll be able to:
- Prove that orthodox doctrine preceded heresy in the early church
- Explain Gnosticism and the varied beliefs of its main proponents
- Describe the apostle Paul’s opponents, their agendas, and how Paul responded to them
- Appreciate the contribution of ancient Christians who helped future generations better understand the nature of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Recognize the footprint of ancient heresies in today’s religious diversity