Show Us How You Use Logos, and You Could Get Logos Credit

One of the best things about Logos is discovering the surprising things it can do—and how those little surprises help you explore the Bible more deeply.

And with the number of fun, useful features in Logos, you can make your workflow nearly as unique as you are.

What are the most interesting, useful, or insightful things to do in Logos? When someone you know gets Logos, what are the things you can’t wait to show them? What’s your favorite resource in Logos that more people should know about—or should know to make the best use of?

Maybe you discovered that tzedekah really does mean “covenant faithfulness” throughout the Old Testament using the Bible Word Study. Or maybe you love how Clippings makes it easy to keep track of insights from your biblical study. Perhaps you used Search to find all the metaphors Paul uses for the Church.

Share your favorite Logos functions with the world by uploading a video of the feature to YouTube by August 8, 2019. We may link to your video from Logos.com or our social channels, and if we do, you’ll get $100 in Logos credit as a sign of our gratitude!

We’ll review all videos with the #MyFavoriteLogos hashtag on August 8, 2019, so get your videos in early. We’ll choose videos we think do a great job demonstrating capabilities or features of Logos, especially ones that focus on lesser-known features or that handle popular features in a unique way. We’ll comment on your video with instructions on how to claim your appreciation gift if we pick your video.

Here’s what your video should include:

• Screen capture with voice-over explaining why you enjoy the functions you’ll demonstrate
  • An optional intro and outro or graphic overlay
  • Public visibility (so we can watch it!)
  • The #MyFavoriteLogos hashtag in the description (so we can find it!)

We aren’t just looking for videos in English, either. Whether you speak Spanish, German, or any of the six languages Logos comes in, we’d love to see your videos, too.

Want a reference for the kind of videos we want? Here are a few examples:

Well, what are you waiting for? Upload your YouTube video with #MyFavoriteLogos in the description by August 8, 2019, and you could get $100 in Logos credit.

Comments

1. Nathan Parker says:

Does it need to be YouTube or would Vimeo work? All my videos are on Vimeo.

• Karen Engle says:

Hi Nathan! Can you upload your Vimeo videos to YouTube with the hashtag #MyFavoriteLogos? We’d love to see them but we do need them in YouTube. Thank you!

• Nathan Parker says:

Thanks for the info! I have a spare YouTube account I use on another video blog (although I mainly edit the screencasts for someone else). I’ll try posting something there. I checked my videos on Vimeo, and they don’t dive enough into Logos features. I’ll work on whipping up a new one in Camtasia or ScreenFlow.

2. This is a really good idea. I am excited about doing it. Are there any suggestions for apps to record my screen?

3. Here’s my video. Such a fun challenge. https://youtu.be/hQKniB7t3g8

4. Hi! Does a video using Verbum (in spanish!!) also qualify?

5. Elivando Mesquita says:

Hi Karen,

I did a video (in portuguese) on YouTube and shared on Facebook, both with hashtag #MyFavoriteLogos. But, one question, which one do you will research?

Elivando Mesquita – Brasil

6. Elivando Mesquita says:

Hi Karen,

I did a video on YouTube with the hashtag MyFavoriteLogos. I shared both on Youtube how Facebook. But i have a question, of where you will coletation, Youtube or Facebook?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPVPwxQ8Hf4&t=1s

Thank’s

Pr. Elivando Mesquita.

• Karen Engle says:

Hi Elivando,
      Thanks for submitting your video! Do you mean where will we announce it?

7. Nathan Parker says:

I’ve had power and Internet issues, but I finally produced something. Here it is:

The machine I use Camtasia on is signed into the YouTube Channel for the Erasmus Academy Daily Portion of German since I’m the managing producer for that video blog. I have access to the channel though (and the email associated with the YouTube account), so it’s fine that the video is there (I posted a disclaimer stating it was my original video and not for the video blog).

I spiced it up somewhat, although it is unscripted, and I didn’t get to use my headset for the audio, but the audio is still pretty clear. Enjoy!

8. Evgeniy Kochetkov says:

Hi! Does a video in russian also qualify?

• Karen Engle says:

Hi Evgeniy,
      Absolutely. Go ahead and submit your video, but please know the contest rules state that we only pay if we use the video. Thank you so much!

9. Andrew Loney says:

I will be posting a bit later today; just not been able to get to it sooner. When is too late to be considered? Thank you.

10. Andrew Loney says:

Is it too late to submit a video?
    Thank you.

• Karen Engle says:

Hi Andrew, I’m so sorry! We stopped taking submissions on 8/8/2019. Thank you for asking!

11. Elivando Mesquita says:

Hi Karen,

Please, how we knows who won?

Thank’s

Pr. Elivando Mesquita.

12. Elivando Mesquita says:

Hello,

What is the news about the winners? When we will knows?

Pr. Elivando Mesquita (Brazil)

• Matthew Boffey says:

We have not yet chosen a winner, Elivando, but we will update this post when we do.

Thanks,
      Matthew

13. Has there been winners chosen yet?

• Karen Engle says:

Hi Andrew! We have not yet chosen a winner but we will update this post when we do. Thank you!

14. Un ganador? en el artículo yo entendí que se eligiría a varios.

15. George Luiz says:

Hi. When will we know about the winners?