The New Logos Is Here

Something powerful happens when we study the Bible for ourselves. Familiar stories become richer, old truths more meaningful, and new discoveries change our lives. And at Faithlife, we want you to experience that for yourself.

That’s why when we made Logos Bible Software 8, we challenged ourselves to create new ways for you to take the next step in your Bible study, whether you’re a Bible scholar or are just beginning to study the Bible for yourself.

And that meant making Logos easier to use than ever.

Introducing Workflows

In Logos 8, you’ll find step-by-step instructions for every type of Bible study.

Choose your study goal—like personal devotions, sermon prep, or exegesis—and Logos 8 lays out the books and tools to use each step along the way. We don’t just give you what you need, we explain how to use it.

Even if you know the steps you need to take in your Bible study, you’ll appreciate Workflows. You’ll discover books and tools you didn’t even know you had, and perhaps most exciting, you can create your own workflow from scratch. You can even share your expertise by making that workflow public.

Clean, simple organization

From the moment you open Logos 8, you’ll find clear ways to jump right into your Bible study. The redesigned Home Page provides quick links to your favorite workflows, reading plans, layouts, and other resources central to your study.

We’ve improved Notes, making it easier to organize your thoughts and capture insights on a biblical passage or resource.

The same goes for your books and documents. Whether you’re looking for that passage list on prayer you made three years ago or a solid commentary on Romans, you’ll find it in a few clicks thanks to Logos 8’s clean, simple organization.

Theological study made simple

Logos has always been great for studying the Bible. And now it’s great for studying theology, too.

Look up a doctrine like “atonement” and the Theology Guide gives you quick links to relevant Bible passages, excerpts from your systematic theologies, and other key information.

Even better, you get a detailed overview of the doctrine with the new Lexham Survey of Theology. This comprehensive resource covers over 230 theological topics and features contributions from Fred Sanders, Gerald Bray, John Frame, and other theologians.

A new way to visualize biblical truth

Everybody has their favorite way to work the biblical text. Some highlight, others underline and circle, and some take notes. Others go the extra mile and diagram sentences and do detailed outlines of the passage.

Whatever your style, with Canvas in Logos 8, you get a set of easy-to-use tools to help you mark up, outline, and create beautiful images based on Scripture

Deeper Bible study for everyone

Take a look at everything new in Logos 8, and let us know what you think. We’re confident Logos 8 will make your Bible study easier and even more rewarding, whether you’ve been studying the Bible in depth for decades or are just getting started.

Comments

1. the big problem I have now I own logos 7 portfolio if I go to logos 8 I will not have a portfolio base I will have a lower base and I will be forced to pay again so that I may have logos 8 portfolio. I think that is not fair. You were supposed to allow the people to have the same base that they have with the previous version and maybe pay a small fee for the upgrade.

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Pika LED. This is a common misunderstanding. Actually, EVERY Logos 8 package is an upgrade. When you get Logos 8, the books and features will be added ON TOP of what you already own. This page gives an explanation of how this works.

In the scenario you just described, you will own Logos 7 Portfolio AND Logos 8 Portfolio.

A base package is just that: a base. Every subsequent Logos purchase you make adds to what you currently own. We won’t take that away from you. :-) Let me know if you have any other questions. I’m here to help!

• Rick page says:

Yes, Pika LED, Tyler is correct. I go back several upgrades with Logos. You do not lose your library. I would suggest you use the chat icon on the Logos upgrade site. Let the chat associate know your concerns, and they can work through scenarios for you. It is possible to stay with your 7 Portfolio library and do just a feature upgrade to Logos 8. You will not have the extra books associated with Logos 8 Portfolio – instead you will have the Logos 7 Portfolio library, but you should be able to get just the features upgrade through a couple of options.

• David Breen says:

I would just like to add my 2 cents worth to this point. I have LOGOS 7 Platinum plus a whole lot more that I added so “Platinum” as a label for my library is now all but meaningless. It doesn’t correspond to LOGOS 8 Platinum. Even if I upgrade to 8 Platinum my library will not correspond because I have a load of other resources that I have accumulated over the years, but my library would contain 8 Platinum. The base package is the starting point for building your library.

What LOGOS is offering me in the upgrade to 8 Platinum is 360+ extra resources for $386 – roughly a buck a piece. I’m way past thinking, “O boy, 360 books for a dollar each!” because in those extra resources are many I wouldn’t buy – what might be termed, “bloat” for my purposes. So to see if the upgrade represents good value for me I just looked through the list of new commentaries I would receive and totted up the cost of buying only the ones I was really interested in outside of the upgrade offer. That came to over $700 – almost double the cost of the whole upgrade. So the new commentaries alone make the upgrade excellent value. The only issues for me is whether these new resources that I would really like are really necessary for me, and whether I can afford the upgrade at this point in time. The label of the package is meaningless to me! One way or the other I have a free upgrade to LOGOS 8 and my library is LOGOS 7 Platinum +++, but the latter is irrelevant.

2. Dale Durnell says:

While my Logos 7 was updating my system to Logos 8, I had a wonderful chat with Mike today. I upgraded to Logos 8 Platinum and simultaneously updated my Methodist & Wesleyan to Platinum. Great interaction with another of the fine folks at Faithlife.

Once my system updated to Logos 8, even before new resources were added (it’s still downloading 1.38gb) I immediately noticed a change on my layout — it appears to me that the icons for resources are a little larger (Thanks! My tired old eyes need all the help they can get).
    I’m a PC guy, and for the last couple of iterations of Logos I’ve felt like Logos/Faithlife was forcing me to act like I was using my iMac where Apple thinks I’ve still got the eyesight I had 50 years ago (Note to Apple: *I Don’t*!!)

I’ve just started playing around in Logos 8 and have quickly encountered two *VERY* annoying issues that I’m sure (actually “praying” is the better and more operative word here) that the fine folks at Faithlife will quickly correct.
    And, ok, maybe I’m the only one who uses these features, so maybe that’s why the problems weren’t caught already. If so, maybe someone will humor a user who’s been with the company for 20 years, since the days of DOS LLS (anybody remember that version?)

A) The help data has not been updated (or at least it has not all been updated. I could not find my familiar and trusty “Panel Menu” that I regularly used in previous editions.
    I used to click on the icon for the resource to get to the “Panel Menu” where I could set Link Sets, or adjust display size within that resource.
    The help data says it’s still there, but it isn’t (no joy! :( )
    You now have to click on the three vertical dots to the far right of the resource bar. It wasn’t especially hard to find, I just had to click every icon on my desktop to find it since “Help” didn’t help. :( . But, at least the “Panel Menu is still with us.” It’s just not where it used to be or where the “Help System” says it is.

B) In Logos 7, the Link Set identifier (A, B, C, etc) used to show up on each open resource. It was always easy to find out which book/resource was linked to what other open resources, all I had to do was look for a bright orange A to know which resources moved together.
    Alas, I am not finding the Link Set identifier on the Icon marker for any of my open Bibles (even though a quick check of the “panel menu” shows whether or not is attached to a link set).
    And, I find that only some of my commentaries show a link set, and some/most don’t. This is just downright annoying :(

But, on the bright side, I’m thrilled to have a larger library, and delighted to see what else is new and exciting in this new version (for the way I use the software, I really didn’t see much difference between 6 and 7, so I’m hoping 8 will be the game changer I’m expecting).
    Blessings
    Dale

• Karen Engle says:

Dale, thank you for taking the time to comment and share your positive experience with Logos. We’re glad you have already noticed some of the updates we’ve made with Logos 8! I’ll pass along your comments to our team about the issues you are experiencing.

We love to be able to share the experiences of the Logos family. Do you mind if we use your testimonial on social media and across our websites? Please let us know if you would be comfortable with this. Thanks! Karen

• Dale Durnell says:

Please do, I’ve been using Logos for more than 20 years now, and I’ve been amazed at the way the program just keeps getting better. So if a testimonial will help others realize the power of this gem, please feel free.

3. Dennis J Stevens says:

Someone needs to go back to my upgrade with 7 because I had to change my plan to keep what I had?

• Matthew Boffey says:

Hi Dennis, thank you for your comment. I’m not sure I understand your question; would you mind clarifying? Happy to address your concerns.

4. Wayne Baker says:

I have Logos 6 Platinum, Logos Basic then I think Fundamental, and I used to have Logos now, which was changed to Logos Essential, no library. Okay, as I understand it, Logos Essential is supposed to be a subscription that keeps updating with the updates (just as a base package does anyways) and upgrading with the upgrades, which a base package does not do. Now I learn to get the Logos eight features, I have to pay three or four thousand dollars, three thousand just for the upgrade, an extra thousand for some additional resources you add to the package upgrade. What gives?

• Karen Engle says:

Hi Wayne,

That is a question our Sales team will be able to help you out with! Go ahead and give them a call and they’ll be able to help. 888-875-9491 Thanks!

5. Robert Luff says:

The Canvas feature looks cool and quite helpful! I mostly run Logos on a Windows Surface. Is the Canvas feature compatible with the Surface Pen and touchscreen?

6. Dale Durnell says:

7. Robert Braham says:

Love what I see so far. Just some observations.
    1. On the home page, itens that are a video have the video “circle/play buttom” symbol centered right over the centered “title” makint the title hard to read. You might relocate on or the other.
    2. There is a preference Icon on the Home page allowing users to alter the number of colums, but it does not allow for the new setting to become the default. I use wide monitors and this a default setting change would be nice.
    3. In the Home Page Dashboard, can a user add an existing Saved layout to the dashboard?

• Matthew Boffey says:

Hi Robert, glad you love what you see so far! And thank you for taking the time to share those observations. We’re compiling comments just like these and sending them to the people who build Logos, so your feedback will be seen.

8. Rick Page says:

In my office (I have separate laptops for office and briefcase) setup I have multiple monitors specifically for Logos. I open in several floating windows (each on a different screen), and well…it just makes it easier. I know I may be in a very small minority, but it would make it easier if the highlight feature – for that matter, many of the edit functions – opened with each floating window. Even if someone uses a single monitor, life would be easier rather than returning to the home screen to click on the highlight tools. Perhaps it is already possible, I just haven’t found out how to do it. Thank you, Logos 8 is the best upgrade so far.

9. Logos you have done it again. I’m so grateful that I caught the sale when I did. Just to update to Logos 8 the price was amazing. I’m loving the new features.

10. Wayne Baker says:

I got a separate email allowing me access to Logos eight, it like the first sent me to a prefilled out order for the Logos feature set, no library, unlike the first, it did not include extra resources, and came to a total of $0.00, the first email on the release date had a preset order for the feature set for three thousand and with some specific resources for around four thousand. I expected the upgrade to feature set no library with my Faith Connect Essentials, no library and am looking forward to experimenting with the new set of exciting features now that I have it.

• Karen Engle says:

Hi Wayne,
      We’re sorry for the frustration you have experienced. I recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service team. They’ll be able to help iron out what’s going wrong here. You can reach them by phone, chat, or email: logos.com/contact, support@faithlife.com, or 800-875-6467 / +1 360-527-1700.