How to Get Logos 7: All Your Options, Clearly Explained

Logos 7 base packages are 20% off—just in time for Christmas. We want to make it simple for you to get what you need for Bible study, and we are offering our best price in years.

Need a bigger library? Just want the features? Working with a limited budget?

Whatever your situation, there’s a Logos 7 option to match. And if you have any questions along the way, don’t hesitate to call us at 888-875-9491. We’re happy to help you sort through your options.

Meanwhile, I’ll walk you through all the different ways you can get Logos 7, explaining why customers typically choose one path over another.

1. Get a base package

If you want to own Logos 7 features and get more books for your library, purchasing a base package is the most cost-effective choice.

LineUp

What it is

A base package is two things: a feature set and a library.

1. A feature set. The Logos 7 Full Feature Set is in Bronze and above. It includes—you guessed it—all the features of Logos 7. The Logos 7 Starter Feature Set includes a smaller selection of Logos 7 features and is only available in a Starter base package. When you purchase a base package you permanently own those new features.
  2. A library. As in previous versions of Logos, the size and value of the libraries grow as you move through the base package levels—from Starter all the way to Collector’s. When you purchase a base package, the books, like the features, are yours to keep and use on all your Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.

Who it’s for

• If you want to own the latest tools and a new library this is the choice for you.
  • If you’re new to Logos, a base package is the most cost-effective way to get started.
  • If you already have a Logos base package, you’ll get a discount based on the resources you already own. We call it Dynamic Pricing, and it’s one of the reasons getting a base package is our most cost-effective option: you never have to buy the same book twice.

What it costs

• It depends. Because of Dynamic Pricing, everybody’s price is different. For instance, the regular price for Logos 7 Gold is normally $1,549.99. But if you own Logos 6 Gold and take advantage of the 20% off sale running till December 30, your Dynamic Price drops to just $490.52.

How to choose a base package

We have a few resources to help you find the base package that’s right for you.

• Get a personalized recommendation. Visit Logos.com/get-7, and be sure you’re logged into your Logos account. We’ll make a Logos 7 recommendation based on the resources you already own.
  • See all our base packages. Visit Logos.com/basepackages for a birds-eye view of all our base packages. Scan the page for the ones you’re interested in, then click to view the individual product pages.
  • Compare all our base packages. Visit Logos.com/compare to see how different base packages stack up.
  • Talk to a Resource Expert. Give us a call at 888-875-9491. We’ll answer any questions you have and walk you through your base package options. And don’t forget to ask about our payment plans: we’ll work with you to find the option that best fits your budget.

2. Get a Logos 7 Feature Set

Logos 7 is two things, but you don’t have to buy them both. If you have enough books and you just want to own Logos 7 features, this is for you.

FullFeatureSet-300x300

What it is

• All (or some) of the features of Logos 7. After purchasing the Logos 7 Full Feature Set, you’ll own all the features of Logos 7. Or, if you go with the Starter Feature Set, you’ll own a selection of Logos 7 features. Whichever option you choose, those features will be yours to keep, forever.

Who it’s for

• If you aren’t interested in new books but want the newest Logos features, this is a great choice.

What it costs

• It depends. Dynamic Pricing applies to our Feature Sets, too. The regular price for the Full Feature Set $599.99, but if you already own a base package, your savings will be significant. For instance, if you own Logos 6 Silver, with Dynamic Pricing and our current 20% off sale (till December 30th) you’ll get the Full Feature Set for just $199.64!

How to get a Logos 7 Feature Set

3. Get a Logos 7 Essential Upgrade

If you want new features and only the most essential books this is for you.

What it is

• Each Essential Upgrade includes a Logos 7 Feature Set and a collection of books you’ll love. Just choose the size that fits your needs and budget.
    • The Small Essential Upgrade comes with the Logos 7 Starter Feature Set and 39 books, including the Tyndale New Testament Commentaries and J.C. Ryle’s Holiness (with audio). See what else you get with the Small Essential Upgrade.
    • The Medium Essential Upgrade comes with the Logos 7 Full Feature Set and 45 books, including everything in Small, the High Definition Commentary on Romans and James, and Grindheim’s Introducing Biblical Theology. Explore everything included in Medium.
    • The Large Essential Upgrade comes with the Logos 7 Extended Feature Set and 93 additional books, including everything in Small and Medium, plus the Baker Sermon Outline Collection and Goldingay’s Old Testament Theology. See what else is included.

Looking for the perfect fit? Call us at 888-270-7536 and we’ll help you find the option that’s best for you.

Who it’s for

• If you want the new features and want to make sure that they work with your library, this is for you. For example, the new Biblical Theology section in the passage guide isn’t much help if you don’t have any biblical theologies.
  • Many of the new features in Logos 7 are new and powerful ways of drawing from your books, but if you don’t have the right books you won’t get the benefit. The Logos 7 Essential Upgrades are designed to give you just enough oomph to make the feature sets work well in your study.

What it costs

• It depends. As always, your Dynamic Price is based on the resources you already own and should result in a reduction of your cost for any upgrades. And right now, the Essential Upgrades are all 20% off till December 30th.

The upshot

What you need depends on who you are and what you have.

• If you are just getting into Logos, get a Logos 7 base package. We buy in bulk and pass the massive savings on to you. You’ll get a Bible study library with dictionaries, commentaries, Bible texts, and much more.
  • If you already have Logos and are happy with your library (although which Bible student out there doesn’t want just one more book?), get one of the feature sets to get our new tools—such as Sermon Editor, a special 30-day Logos training course, the Concordance tool, Multiview Resources, and the Empty Tomb interactive.

***

Need more info before making your decision? Visit Logos.com/7 for an overview of what’s new in Logos. Or if you still have questions, give one of our Resource Experts a call at 888-875-9491. (And don’t forget to ask about our payment plans.)

Comments

1. Richard Lyall says:

“The Logos 7 Full Feature Set is in Bronze and above. It includes—you guessed it—all the features of Logos 7.”

Why is this statement made when it is patently untrue? The Bible Browser Tool is “a feature of Logos 7” and it is not included. Yes, most reader would indeed guess that “Full Feature Set” means “All the Features” as stated here, but that’s not true, is it Logos?

Is this deliberately misleading or is it just unfortunately worded?

Would someone from Logos care to comment?

• Tyler Smith says:

UPDATE 12/18/2017:

The Bible Browser tool is included in the Logos 7 Full Feature Set as of summer 2017.

–Original reply–

I’m happy to comment. :-)

The Bible Browser is available with a Logos Now membership. It’s one of those “special features you can only access with a subscription” mentioned in the post. Whenever we discuss the Bible Browser, we want to be clear that it’s only available with a subscription. Can you share with me where you saw it listed as “a feature of Logos 7”? I want to be sure to address any confusion and correct any errors.

Thanks for pointing this out. I look forward to hearing back.

Best,

Tyler

• Joshua Lieder says:

so glad I read this…I opted out of Bronze Baptist after reading it.

2. David Strawn says:

I have used Logos since version 2. This “upgrade” is a crock. I have Logos 6 Platinum and “upgraded” to version 7 for several hundred dollars only to learn that for a mere $600 extra I could get the resources in the version 7 Platinum.

They are pushing Logos Now which extracts money out of my pocket on a regular basis and is available only when I happen to be connected to the internet. I know we live in a connected world, but I do not like to be forced to be online to use my computer in order to do my work

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, David.

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad experience. It sounds like you purchased a Feature Set when what you really wanted is a base package. A base package includes a Feature Set and a library. Getting those in a base package gives you a large discount compared to buying them separately. We have a 30-day return policy, so you might consider returning your feature set and purchasing a base package instead.

Also, I should clarify that the vast majority of Logos Now features do not require an Internet connection to use them. I believe currently there are only 3 features that require an Internet connection.

Again, truly sorry to hear you’re frustrated. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help. You can email me at tyler.smith@faithlife.com.

Best,

Tyler

3. Chris Malone says:

I’m really enjoying Logos 7 and the additional Logos Now features! I really do think it’s worth every dollar.

4. I have been using Logos/Libronix for decades, and I am happy with what I have, library and capabilities. I just want to keep it supported, which Is what I thought I paid for and was promised years ago. Are these indeed “ALL” my options? They all seem to have a cost.

Is there no way to keep my existing library supported without paying more money? I am currently running Logos 6 on Windows 10.

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Ron.

We always provide free updates so you can continue using Logos on future computers and operating systems. This post is about all the ways you can get Logos 7, which is a different issue than continued access to the version of Logos you use.

That being said, there is another Logos 7 option I didn’t mention yet because it won’t be available until February: get the free Logos 7 desktop app. This option will give you the Logos 7 look and feel without new books and most of the features.

To answer your question, you don’t need to do anything to continue access to your current version of Logos and your books.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

best,

Tyler

5. Duane Bennett says:

I presently have Logos 6 Portfolio, what is the equivalent in Logos 7 and the cost?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Duane.

You’re probably looking for Logos 7 Portfolio. Just follow that link and be sure you’re signed in to your account on Logos.com. You’ll see a custom price based on the resources you already own.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best,

Tyler

6. Lepani Daivalu says:

I purchased Libronix Digital way back in 2001 and curently I’m enjoying Logos 6 (blue) on Windows 10. I am exited about the “sermon editor” and please advise how to have that. I live in the Fiji Islands

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Lepani.

You have a few options:

* Get a Logos 7 Bronze base package or above to get Sermon Editor and all the other Logos 7 features, as well as lots of new books for your library
      * Get the Logos 7 Full Feature Set. This will get you all the features of Logos 7, but it does not include new books for your library.
      * Become a Logos Now member. You’ll get lots of benefits, including access to every Logos feature available (including the Sermon Editor) and new features as we make them.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

7. If I go for Logos Now membership.. then in a year want to discontinue, can I downgrade to my purchased Logos 6 engine?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Don.

If you ever cancel your Logos Now membership, you can still use whatever version of Logos you own. So if you have the Logos 6 core engine, yes: cancelling your membership will effectively “downgrade” back to the core engine.

Hope that helps.

Tyler

8. Dave Mayer says:

if I choose not to upgrade to 7 but wait for 8 or 9. Will I be able to upgrade to new versions if a skip a upgrade. Second if I choose not to upgrade forever would my 6 package be supported?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Dave.

Question 1 – Short answer: yes. Long answer: if you choose to do that, your upgrade price will be a little bit higher since you will have more features/resources to catch up with. In other words, if you currently own Logos 6 and you upgrade to 7, your upgrade will get you all the new features in Logos 7. However, if you wait until Logos 8, you will have to get all the features of 6 & 7, so your price will be a little higher.

Question 2 – We provide free updates to make sure you always have access to your features and resources. If you choose not to upgrade, the best way to stay fully up to date and maintain access to your features and resources is to download the free desktop app. (Available in February.) Due to the cost of maintaining support, we sometimes cease supporting older versions. But when we do, we always contact customers who own that version and explain how they can get the free desktop app and thus maintain access to their features and resources.

Hope that helps!

Tyler

9. JOHN KEMPF says:

I just purchased a “subscription.” Unfortunately, I rushed in that decision and I am not exactly sure what the subscription provides me access or its benefits. When it comes to the feature set in comparison to the subscription is there a benefit of one over the other?

Also, let me make it clear that it is my fault, not that of logos that I rushed into getting the subscription without first checking on the issues I am raising herein.

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, John. I wasn’t able to verify which subscription you purchased. Can you give Customer Support a call? They’ll help you figure out what you signed up for! :-) 800-875-6467