We are greatly blessed to live in a time when so many riches from the past are made available to us. Books that cross the centuries and the continents are becoming available to the average reader for the first time.
We here at Lexham Press are hoping to do our part to bring the best of our Christian heritage to modern readers with a new series: Lexham Classics.
Lexham Classics are new, print editions of classic works, professionally typeset and based on accurate, well-curated original texts.
Some of the books planned for the Lexham Classics series are not widely available at all. Others are only available in poor facsimiles of the original type settings or error-ridden digital scans.With Lexham Classics, you’ll get beautifully typeset softcover books—and well-designed digital editions are on their way soon.
The series is launching with the following titles:
- The Divine Life: Knowing and Walking with God by Richard Baxter
- A Puritan Catechism for Families by Richard Baxter
- Christian Unity by Richard Baxter
- Commentary on the Sermon on the Mount by Martin Luther
- The Truth, Inspiration, and Authority of Scripture by Archibald Alexander
- Introduction to the New Testament by Louis Berkhof
- Heretics and Orthodoxy: Two Volumes in One by G. K. Chesterton
- Christian Parenting: 52 Daily Devotionals for Parents by Andrew Murray
Where can I buy these? Right now we are testing the market and making them available on Amazon.com. Retailers can submit orders to email@example.com. If the response is strong, we’ll seek wider distribution.
I’ve never heard of this book before! Some of the books have been given new titles, some are portions of a longer work, others are combinations of related titles. Check the individual title descriptions for specific details.
What books are forthcoming? We have a number of future titles planned. Look for more Puritans and early church fathers, as well as some recently forgotten treasures.
Where’s my favorite lost classic? If you know of a great Christian classic you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll review your suggestions.