Introducing Logos Bible Software 7

Logos Bible Software 7 is here

After nearly two years of preparation, Logos 7 has arrived! Our latest release represents the most complete Logos experience yet—with new tools to take you from that initial spark of insight to sharing biblical truth with others. We’ve made it faster to get started in Logos, easier to uncover essential biblical insights, and simpler to share what you’ve learned.

Like you, we’re passionate about studying God’s Word, and we know what it’s like to uncover something from Scripture that you just can’t keep to yourself. Even if you’re not creating a sermon or Bible study, biblical insights inevitably spill over into everyday conversation.

That’s what drove us as we created our latest release. Logos 7 is all about that process of digging into the Word, discovering biblical truth, and delivering what you’ve learned to the people you serve and love. More than any previous version, Logos 7 is fine-tuned for every step of in-depth Bible study, from start to finish.

New ways to start your study

Getting started in Logos is easier than ever with new Quickstart Layouts tailored to different types of study and core Bible study tasks. Just select a preformatted layout, and Logos 7 opens all the features and resources you need to begin your study.
image00

Of course, not everyone uses Logos to drill into one specific passage. Some of us study by topic or resource, and the new Courses Tool provides the perfect starting point.Choose from dozens of carefully designed learning plans that pull together key resources, media, and Logos features. You can even work through one of the Mobile Ed courses included in all of our Logos 7 Libraries!

New tools to deepen your study

We’ve created lots of new datasets, tools, and media for your Bible study—and made the ones you already rely on even better.

image03New sections in the Passage Guide take you straight to the most relevant information. See everywhere systematic theologies, biblical theologies, and confessional documents mention any biblical verse, and access grammatical information about any word in any Old Testament verse.

New datasets and Visual Filters help you customize your study. Build a browsable index for any resource in your library with the Concordance Tool. This new feature is perfect for Greek and Hebrew study—browse repeated terms and lemmas and quickly identify key themes in the text. Or link your English and original language Bibles using the new Multiview Resources panel. Click, and the Corresponding Words visual filter lights up the text with eye-opening patterns.

Make fresh discoveries with new interactive media. Explore a first-century tomb and learn more about the significance of the resurrection for the Christian life. Get a crash course in biblical manuscripts and textual criticism. Or sort and explore every miracle in the Bible with a new interactive—visualized in the “bubble” style of our popular Psalms and Proverbs Explorers.

image02

Find (and create) the right media, instantly. We’ve improved Visual Copy and added easy ways to search and browse all your media with the new Media Tool. Finding, sharing, and presenting the perfect image, video, infographic, or other media is easier than ever.

A new way to share what you’ve learned

Equipping preachers has always been at the heart of what we do. That’s one reason I’m so excited about Logos 7’s new Sermon Editor. Now you can write your sermon inside Logos with smart editing and styling tools created just for sermon prep. Sermon Editor even gives you a headstart on your sermon slides as you type, helps you create handouts, and formats your sermon manuscript or outline with easy-to-read speaking prompts.image01

This barely scratches the surface of what’s new. Take a look at everything we’ve made for your Bible study, and let me know what you think. I hope you’re as excited by Logos 7 as I am!

***

In case you missed our live event, we’re replaying the recording! To replay the interviews with Logos experts and Logos 7 product demos, visit Faithlife.com/Logos.

Visit Logos.com/7 to learn more about our latest release.

Comments

1. Wen-Kuo Chin says:

Dear sir,

I pay a considerable amount of money when I first installed the Logos software from 2010 then comes the Logos 6. I paid for the upgrade as well. Now only 2 years later Logos 7 comes out. I know it will be a more powerful tool than before, but it became my concern that when is the next “upgrade” going to come again?

Every time the new one came out, the old customers need a lot of money to catch up the upgrade and the amount of money is not much different from a new installer. For this reason I do not think it is fair for the existing customers. I save up to purchase more books but not expecting to change the software every 2 years!!

I know my opinion may have very little impact for you, but from a customer’s point of view I am disappointed. You change the software more often than the Microsoft does. I believe I am going to pass this upgrade and keep my “new” Logos 6.

In Christ,

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Wen-ken Chin.

We appreciate the feedback, and I’m sorry you’ve found our upgrades to be out of reach. However, it’s not necessary to upgrade to continue using Logos. We release free updates to ensure you can continue to use the version of Logos you already own. If you’re happy with your current version of Logos, so are we! :-)

Best,

Tyler

• You are working from a couple of false premises. First that you need to update every time a new version comes out and that it costs lots of money.

If you don’t see benefits upgrading you don’t. No one forces you to do so and the previous version does not stop working.

Upgrades brings improved tools as well as they are needed to take advantages of new computers. Some of us welcome for this new updates. In the software industry two years is a long time for upgrades.

Secondly, cost. Logos engine upgrade is free. You only pay any additional cost if, and only if, you see benefits on any new features.

And there is a better way and that is Logos Now. By just laying $89 a year they roll out any new features and you do not have to wait. It also has some many other benefits.

But the bottom line is that you do not have to upgrade. Some of us welcome the new features and because of that I am a Logos Now subscriber.

2. David Medina says:

Thanks for giving us a great tool to help us study and understand the best Bible better. Logos is an invaluable tool for my spiritual health and growth.

3. So if you have Logos 6 do you automatically get Logos 7? Is it an upgrade or extra cost?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, David.

There is a cost to upgrading to Logos 7. To see your custom price, be sure you’re logged in to Logos.com and visit Logos.com/get-7.

Hope that helps!

Tyler

4. Other than additional books, what features to you get with the full feature set versus only upgrading to Bronze 7 from Bronze 6 without adding the full feature set?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Perry.

The Logos 7 Full Feature Set is included in the Logos 7 Bronze base package. So you’ll get all the features of Logos 7 if you go with Logos 7 Bronze.

Hope that helps!

• Logos 7 Bronze base package and the Logos 7 Full Feature set are listed as separate items in my shopping cart. Does this mean you can’t actually buy Logo 7 Bronze without the Full Feature set?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Perry.

A base package is made up of a feature set and a library. That’s why you see both items in your cart.

Yes, it is possible to purchase a library or a feature set on their own. Just remove the feature set from your cart if you would only like the Bronze library. If you just want the feature set, you can either remove the library from your cart, or visit this page.

We’re working on making this process clearer. Thanks for bearing with us!

• What I’m trying to figure out right now is what would I not get ordering only the Bronze 7 package. Would that essentially leave out all the new features in 7 that aren’t in 6?

• Tyler Smith says:

Forgive me if I’m still not following you. Let me break down your options:

Logos 7 Bronze base package: get all the features of Logos 7, plus new books for your library
            Logos 7 Full Feature Set: just get the new Logos 7 features. This option does not include books.
            Logos 7 Bronze Library: just get new books for your library. This option does not include features.

Looking over your comments, it looks like you just want books, and not features. Is that correct? If so, you should go with the Logos 7 Bronze library.
            Please let me know if I can clarify any further.

5. The updates look pretty sweet. My beloved spouse purchased Logos 6 for me a few months ago as a gift. Missed it by just thaaaaaaat much! 80)

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Paul.

If you purchased Logos recently, we want to take care of you. Give one of our Resource Experts a call at 888-875-9491 and they’ll go over your purchase history and let you know about any special offers you may qualify for.

Best,

Tyler

6. All of my resources disappeared when I opened my application today. Is this due to the update?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Josh.

I would give Customer Support a call. They should be able to help out: 800-875-6467

7. I have logos 6 platinum. What do I get with logos 7 platinum or should I only purchase logos 7 standard?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Ingrid.

Visit this page (be sure you’re logged in to Logos.com), and scroll down and check out the “Library Resources You’ll Get” section. Select “New to You” from the drop-down menu. You’ll see a list of all the resources included in Platinum that you don’t already own. (Your price will be reduced based on what you own, too!)

And in case your wondering about feature, good news: all Logos 7 features are included with Logos 7 Platinum.

8. Karen Smith says:

Hi Logos,

I have a Portfolio Logos 6 but wish to complete my payments before I start with Logos 7. Wondering how much it would cost.

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Karen.

Give sales a call at 888-875-9491. One of our Resource Experts will help you figure it out.

9. I am a new (July 2016) user of logos and entered with a bang! I could have purchased a new car or at least put down a pretty significant downpayment for one. That said, I enjoy my purchase I but am disappointed that my interest of upgrading to logos 7 entitles me to a really insignificant discount. Seems like I should (after my 30 – 45 days) be eligible for a real discount. If I had known there was a 7 on the way I would have stopped with just logos 6 – gold and waited and invested my $$ in 7 – a real upgrade. Just sharing my thoughts.

10. Chip Fields says:

I have Logos 6. Would it be better for me to purchase a subscription to Logos Now, or to purchase Logos 7 base package?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Chip.

That depends on what you’re looking for. If you aren’t interested in adding books to your library, a Logos Now membership could be a good, affordable choice for you. Your membership will give you access to all the features of Logos 7, new features as soon as we make them, and some exclusive features only available through a subscription. However, it’s important to point out that you only access those features for as long as you’re a member.

Otherwise, I’d recommend a base package. You’ll get a reduced price based on the books and features you already own. Plus, if owning your books and features is important to you, this is a good choice for you.

Let me know if you have further questions. Happy to help!

11. Hi Logos. I have Logos 6 Platinum. If I buy Logos 7 the features only, what happened with my books I already own. Are they going to upgrade to Logos 7 and work with Logos7, or I have to pay to upgrade them to Logos 7?

• Tyler Smith says:

Hi, Simion.

No need to worry about your books! Even if you decided not to purchase Logos 7 features, we’ll always provide free updates so you can always access your books. But of course, we would love it if you did buy those features! :-)

Let me know if there’s any other way I can help.

Best,