A fellow Logos user recently asked the following question:
I like grouping the resources in my Library according to Type so I can quickly see my commentaries, journals, etc. When I expand a specific Type, however, all the resources are just listed by title. Is there a way to further group the resources so I could see my commentary sets for example?
This is an excellent question and the solution is quite simple when we utilize sub-groups in the Details view in the Library. Here’s what I mean.
- Drag the Library icon to the center of the Logos desktop so the Library opens in a large panel (A)
- Click the View icon in the upper right of the Library (B)
- Select the Details view from the drop down list (C)
- Right click on any column header in the spreadsheet (D)
- Select Type (E)
- Right click again on any column header in the spreadsheet
- Select Series (F)
- Repeat the previous two steps for any other categories you wish to display
- Drag the column headers Type and Series so they’re visible in the spreadsheet (G)
- Click the Type column header (H)
- Notice the resources are grouped according to Type which is the arrangement of resource’s assigned by Logos (I)
- Click the arrow to the left of Bible Commentary to expand the resources (J)
- Notice the commentaries are listed by title (K)
- Hold down the Shift key
- Click the Series column header (L)
- Notice the commentaries are now sub-grouped according to Series (M)
Expand other types such as Journals and Monograph to reveal other groupings by Series.
If you want, you can hold down the Shift key and click other column headers to create more sub-groupings!
For more detailed information about the Library and arranging your resources check out the Logos video resource Organize Your Books or consider attending a live, upcoming Camp Logos event in either Tyler, TX or Columbia, MD.