Introducing: Logos Now

Today we’re launching Logos Now, a new way to enjoy the future of Logos Bible Software without the wait.

Logos Now is a subscription to a growing library of content and tools for serious Bible study that gives you access to the future of Logos Bible Software, today. It’s a way for Logos 6 owners to jump right in to what’s next and start enjoying:

1. A growing library of data, media, and interactive content
  2. Early access to new features and tools
  3. Access to the beta of the new Logos web app
  4. Special membership benefits such as exclusive offers, special discounts, and more

Faster releases, quicker access

We’re moving to a faster release cycle and aiming for roughly every six weeks. This means you’ll always be on the cutting edge of content and tools for serious Bible study.

Subscribers also get access to new data and media projects while we build them, so you can enjoy what’s available now—and help us shape them as we finish them.

What’s in the first release?

When you subscribe to Logos Now, you’ll get the following content, tools, and benefits:

1. Old Testament Propositional Bible Outlines (dataset)
  2. Greek Grammatical Constructions (dataset)
  3. Commandments of the Law (interactive)
  4. Visual Copy Templates (media)
  5. Author Slide Templates (media)
  6. Logos Stock Images, vol. 2 (media)
  7. Media Browser (tool)
  8. Concordance (tool)
  9. Logos web app
  10. Membership benefits (e.g., exclusive offers, special discounts)

And this is just the beginning!

Get started today with your free month of Logos Now!

Comments

1. More a question than a comment. If one subscribes to Logos Now will they still need to upgrade to Logos 7? If so, will dynamic pricing take into consideration the content that the Logos Now subscriber has already received?

• You won’t need to upgrade to Logos 7, unless you (1) want to get a bigger library (Logos Now isn’t a library of books) or (2) want to own a permanent license to the data, media, and interactive content it includes.

We don’t have plans to dynamically price an ownable product based on a subscription (that gets pretty complicated pretty quickly), but Now subscribers will get special deals from time to time, which may include Logos 7 upgrades.

2. Timothy Wilkey says:

Bought it. Can't wait to test drive the 10 items above.

3. Anton Edwin Brown says:

I hope it Logos Now and Logos 7 would be two separate purchases. I want to own my digital library not have a subscription to it.

• They are two separate purchases. You can enjoy permanent ownership of your base package library and subscription access to the content and tools that power the core functionality.

4. Are all updates, tools etc. permanent or last only for the duration of the subscription?

5. I too have another question. If you subscribe, and enjoy one of the new datasets, but maybe don’t feel the subscription is necessary later, when you cancel your subscription, will you lose the datasets that came with your first subscription? For example, in this first release there appears to be a Greek Grammar dataset. If, in a year, I no longer can afford or want the subscription, and I cancel, will the Greek Grammar dataset disappear from my library with the cancelled subscription?
    Thanks in advance!

• Your access to Logos Now content lasts as long as you subscribe. If you decide Logos Now isn’t for you, there may be a way to buy a license to some of the content it includes in the future.

6. You won’t need to upgrade to Logos 7, unless you (1) want to get a bigger library (Logos Now isn’t a library of books) or (2) want to own a permanent license to the data, media, and interactive content it includes.

7. Hope you enjoy it!

8. They are two separate purchases. You can enjoy permanent ownership of your base package library and subscription access to the content and tools that power the core functionality.

9. Phil Gons Thanks.

10. John Maddocks says:

If you don't subscribe, will all the new features being added be available in Logos 7?

11. Most if not all of the code-only features will likely be available in the next major release. The same may be true for interactives and datasets. Some media will almost certainly be available only to subscribers.

12. John Maddocks says:

Hi Phil, can you be a bit more specific as to the type of media that will only be available to subscribers?

13. John Maddocks says:

It would be extremely helpful if you could answer my question.

14. Will Logos Now supplant the need to Upgrade if Logos 7 comes out?

15. Ignore my Question. I see others have the same quandary/

16. Logos 7? Are there plans for this? When might this happen? I’m just getting going with Logos 6!

17. I think Logos is one of the best study aids and I highly recommend this to everyone. Thanks you for all you do.

18. Michael Thomas says:

I for one do not like subscriptions. (I don’t even have cable TV) I would hope that I could purchase the Greek Grammar dataset as another resource to add to my Portfolio collection. I was disappointed after watching the video on the Greek Grammar Constructions to find out that I didn’t have the dataset. That’s when I learned of the subscription model. Seems as a technology person, I would be paying to beta test something that hasn’t been released as of yet for purchase like other new resources. Will the Greek Grammar Construction dataset be made available as a separate SKU that I can purchase?

• We don’t typically sell datasets a la carte. But it will likely be available in Logos 7 for those who don’t want to subscribe to Logos Now.