Select Scrolling Options in Your Logos Bible App

Logos_300x300The Logos Bible app is your own personal library—it can house thousands of books. That’s why it was designed to read like a book. Instead of scrolling vertically like an online article, you simply swipe the screen horizontally like you’re turning the page.

Although many of you enjoy the swipe navigation, feedback in app reviews (iOS and Android) and the mobile-apps suggestion forum made it clear that others prefer to scroll.

Well, we have some good news!

You now have a vertical-scrolling option in your Logos Bible app.

We rolled out the scrolling feature in December 2014 as part of version 4.4. So far, many app users are loving this new option—and you can try right now in your app, too!

How to switch to vertical scrolling

Your app defaults to swipe navigation when you first download the Logos Bible app, but it’s easy to make the switch to vertical scrolling.

On iOS:

1. Open any resource in your Logos app.
  2. Tap the screen once to bring up your options.
  3. Tap the “Aa” symbol in your toolbar.
  4. Tap the option for “Scrolling View.”

On Android:

1. Open the settings menu.
  2. Check “Scroll View.”

The vertical scrolling option is also available in the Faithlife Study Bible app, the Noet app, the Vyrso app, and the Verbum app—which are all free in your app store of choice!

Get the free Logos Bible app today, then set your scrolling preference and try it out!

Comments

1. Nick Horton says:

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!

2. Daniel Barrera says:

This option is great! I have personally wanted this for so long. The scrolling still needs some tweaking; it is a bit slow and a tad jumpy. But I know Logos will continue to work this

3. Makes me want to sing The Doxology!

4. Thanks, is there a way we could get it to auto scroll as we read it auto advances with adjustable speeds?

5. This is so great! I was opting to a different app for my Bible reading (for quick things). Now I can stick with Logos. The scrolling makes a huge difference, thanks!

6. John Bengtson says:

I also was using other apps for reading. Very often I wanted a specific set of verses to all be on screen at the same time, and not being able to easily move up or down a couple verses to get the right ones all on the same page made that very difficult to achieve.

7. I’m just going to say it, “Thank you!”

8. I would like continuous auto scrolling by holding down a finger in the corner of the screen, the closer the finger to the edge the faster the scroll. Similar to the Mac OS X Smart Scroll utility which is excellent for hands off scrolling of large documents and ebooks. Thank you for making the computer an automatic reading machine instead of a carpel tunnel syndrome generator for reading ebooks with a auto page turning or auto scrolling vertically by simply holding down a finger on the screen… Important! please relay message to software development team. Thank you and Blessings in Jesus.

9. Thank you!

10. Nelson Samuvel says:

this is good.

11. Robert MacElderry says:

I don't see the "scroll view" option in android

• Kevin Byford says:

Robert, please make sure you are running the latest version of the Android app. If you are running an old version the setting won’t be available.

12. This is great, thank you! When scrolling mode is active, how do you access the passage guide?

• Kevin Byford says:

Tap once on the screen and then tap either the share icon (to the left of the star icon) or the More icon, and then on Passage Guide.

13. Dean Mcclelland says:

Great to have vertical scrolling, good job keep up the good work

14. Clive Garrett says:

thanks a lot – love this feature!

15. Christopher Peddie says:

Love vertical scrolling!! Now it is perfect. :-)

16. Marianne Walker says:

Thank you!

17. I love it!

18. Christopher Potts says:

: ) Thank you! : )

19. L. Michelle Smith says:

YAY!!!!!

20. I so enjoy Logos. It's the best Bible program out there.
    Now you've made reading on my Kindle even easier.

21. Can anyone help me with my android Samsung S4. Went to settings, can’t find anywhere to set/change the scroll! Maybe I’m just too old…..!

22. SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! I'm so excited!!!

23. SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! I'm so excited!!!

24. SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! I'm so excited!!!

25. SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!! I'm so excited!!!