We’ve worked tirelessly to expand the Lexham Bible Dictionary to its current size—over 5,000 total articles and over 2.7 million words—and we’re still not finished. One of the amazing things about a digital Bible dictionary is the lack of a back cover. We’re able to quickly and easily add content to continue to expand the scope of the dictionary and to make sure it never goes out of date.
By early 2015, we’re planning on adding an additional 2,000 articles and another 1 million words, increasing the totals to over 7,000 articles and 3.7 million words. That’s an incredible amount of content!
Quality over quantity
The Lexham Bible Dictionary would not exist without the amazing contributions of over 800 scholars from around the world. These are some of the best and brightest biblical scholars working on articles that fall directly in their area of expertise. Here’s just a glimpse at some of the scholars who have worked on the dictionary:
- Emanuel Tov, PhD, J.L. Magnes Professor of Bible Emeritus, Hebrew University, and editor in chief of the Dead Sea Scrolls Publication Project
- Mark Goodacre, PhD, associate professor, Duke University, editor of NTGateway.com, and editor of Library of New Testament Studies
- Leonard Greenspoon, PhD, professor of classical and Near Eastern studies and of theology, Klutznick Chair in Jewish Civilization, Creighton University, and editor of The FORUM (Society of Biblical Literature)
- Daniel B. Wallace, PhD, professor of New Testament studies, Dallas Theological Seminary, and executive director, Center for Study of New Testament Manuscripts
- Walter C. Kaiser Jr., PhD, president emeritus and distinguished professor of Old Testament and ethics, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
All of the Lexham Bible Dictionary‘s content is at your fingertips in Logos Bible Software and the Logos suite of mobile apps. Each article is organized so that you get the most relevant information first and can dig deeper into the topic as you continue reading. This makes it a great tool for Bible studies, Sunday school classes, small groups, and individual study.
Even better with Logos 6
Since we designed the Lexham Bible Dictionary to be a digital resource, the value of each article is exponentially increased with hand-curated links to other articles, resources, books, and datasets. It integrates seamlessly with your Logos library to help you make connections between related topics.
The Lexham Bible Dictionary is included in every Logos 6 base package.
For a limited time, you can get 15% off any Logos 6 base package—plus you can get introductory gifts with your Logos 6 purchase. Get the Lexham Bible Dictionary and hundreds of other amazing resources today!