We’ve talked before about why Logos 5 is great for pastors. But the same things that make it such a powerful resource for ministry—its study tools, its vast network of resources, its convenience—make it an amazing advantage for students, too.
That’s why, last year, Dallas Theological Seminary partnered with Logos to equip every DTS student with a custom base package.
The response has been tremendous:
Here’s why Logos is such a powerful tool for learning.
1. It gives you all the resources you need
- Inevitably, the Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic introduces nuance that’s hard to translate—what might you be missing?
- Those genealogies aren’t just lists of names; they’re lists of real people. How did they live? How do they connect to what you’re studying?
- You think you’ve come across a surprising new interpretation—but how do you know it’s not an old one, one that’s been long ago refuted?
To address these questions, you need specific types of resources: original-language lexicons, biographical datasets, commentaries. Logos 5 gives you all of these and more. Gold, for example, offers 37 volumes of original-language lexicons and word studies, 19 more volumes’ worth of original-language grammars and tools, and 444 volumes’ worth of commentaries. With Logos 5, you (or a student you care about) will always have the resources you need. Even better, you’ll get all these resources for far less than you’d pay to buy them one by one, let alone in print.
“Bought [Gold] just prior to a major exegetical paper at seminary, absolutely worth it. It made research much easier. It saved me tons of library time!”
2. It gives you amazing research tools
Logos’ research tools equip you to navigate the Bible in remarkable ways. Clause Search lets you find, say, all the instances where Jesus (named or implicit) is the subject of the verb “to teach.” The Bible Sense Lexicon shows you exactly what biblical words mean, and even lets you restrict searches by meaning. (Even though the Greek and Hebrew words for “angel” also mean other things, you can find only those instances that are translated “angel.”) The Timeline lets you jump from tagged events to a big-picture view of what else was going on in biblical and world history. At the 41-second mark above, Dr. Michael Burer compares the relationship between traditional study tools and Logos to that between a slide rule and a graphing calculator. This sort of precision is the reason why.
“As someone who is working on a master’s degree, [I find] the Platinum package . . . perfect. Not only do you have the very practical pastoral tools, but also the necessary academic tools.”
3. It makes studying faster and more convenient
- You can access all your resources on your desktop computer, your tablet, and your phone. (You can even use many of Logos’ core study tools.) Battery dead? Sign in at Biblia.com and access your resources online.
- The software remembers your study setup. If you close your MacBook and, later in the day, keep studying on your PC, you’ll find everything exactly as you left it.
- Maybe the coolest time-saver: Logos 5 can build your bibliography for you! Just choose your citation style—it’ll cite and organize your sources automatically.
The point of study isn’t busywork; it’s learning. With Logos 5, you’ll spend less time getting organized and more time digging into the Bible.
“Though I am incredibly stingy, I must say that this Portfolio package is probably one of the wisest decisions I’ve ever made. I’m 22 and a Bible college grad, starting my master’s in pastoral leadership, and I have found this resource to be utterly useful. In my sermon prep, Bible study prep, personal devos, personal curiosity, this resource has expanded many horizons I thought I’d never be able to reach. Thanks, Logos.”
Get the best price right now
More than 100 universities, seminaries, and divinity schools are already using Logos. During the Logos 5 upgrade sale, you can join them for a special low price. Logos.com’s Custom Upgrade Discount Calculator looks at your resources and gives you a personalized discount:
- If you already own books that are included in your base package upgrade, you won’t pay for them twice. Instead, with Logos.com’s Dynamic Pricing, you’ll only pay for what’s new to you.
- For just a little while, you can save even more with a personalized upgrade discount. Like Dynamic Pricing, it’s based on what you already own, but it also factors in datasets and features.
Of course, budgeting can still be tricky; that’s why Logos offers interest-free payment plans. With an 18-month payment plan, Gold costs less than $100 per month—and that’s before Dynamic Pricing and your custom upgrade discount. The Custom Upgrade Discount Calculator has already taken care of the math: just sign in at Logos.com/Upgrade and see how much you’ll save!
* * *
Education matters. If you’re a student, Logos 5 can help you learn more, faster. If you’re a parent, Logos 5 can help your son or daughter get the most from school and from the Word. If you’re a recent grad or a lifelong learner, Logos 5 can help you deepen your knowledge every day.
P.S. If you’re a current student, you may qualify for our Academic Discount Program, which gives you massive discounts on products for school. Take a look!