Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
Logos’ Bible study guides contain various individual sections, some of which display biblical references—for example, Cross References in the Passage Guide, Translation in Bible Word Study, Thematic Outlines in the Sermon Starter Guide, and Related Verses in the Topic Guide. With the release of Logos 5.2, now the verses in these sections can be easily saved in a Passage List document.
For example, try this:
- Choose Guides | Passage Guide.
- Type John 3:16 in the reference box (A).
- Press Enter to generate the report.
- Click the Cross References title bar if it’s not expanded. (When the section is expanded, it displays numerous cross-references for the passage you’re studying.) (B)
- Right-click the Cross References title bar (C).
- Select Save as Passage List (D).
- Notice that a new Passage List document is created, containing all the verses in that individual section (E).
Of course, this new document can be renamed—when closed, it will be safely saved in the Documents menu!
Please note: if this feature is not available to you, type update now in the Command box and press Enter to launch your free update to Logos 5.2.