Last week, we announced the free Noet mobile app. But the brand-new app isn’t the only exciting news—discipline-specific Noet libraries are shipping, too! Through January 27, you can take advantage of introductory savings on these powerful scholarly resources.
If you’re studying the humanities, Noet gives you the academic advantage.
1. Noet bundles help you learn more, faster. You can search your whole library, see Greek and Latin definitions with a tap, save notes across all your devices, and more. You’ll spend less time flipping through tables of contents and scrolling through JSTOR, and more time on the real reading, writing, and learning.
Here’s just some of how Noet helps you out:
2. Noet bundles are a way better deal than textbooks. Right now, you’re probably paying hundreds of dollars for just one semester’s worth of books. With Noet, that same money gets you entire discipline-specific libraries. For just a fraction of what you already have to spend, add the Noet library that fits your study—a secret weapon that’ll help you for the rest of your academic career.
3. Noet bundles fit your major or emphasis. You’ll get the core texts in your field of study:
- Philosophy major? Pick up the 18-volume Ancient Philosophy Bundle (Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle) and the 21-volume Modern Philosophy Bundle (Descartes, Spinoza, Hume, Kant, and others).
- Classics or history major? Round out your library with the famous 51-volume Harvard Classics: Homer, Plato, Aurelius, Milton, Virgil, Shakespeare, Darwin, and much more.
- English major? Add the 20-volume Harvard Fiction Collection—Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, Dickens, and more.
- Ancient-language major? Choose from the 7-volume Classical Latin Bundle (Cicero, Seneca, Virgil, and more), the 6-volume Biblical Greek Bundle (Nestle-Aland 27th Greek NT, Idioms of the Greek NT, Liddell and Scott Greek–English Lexicon, and more), and the 8-volume Classical Greek Bundle (LSJ, the Iliad, and texts from Aristotle, Aeschlyus, Herodotus, and others)
- Or go with the library that’ll give you a leg up in every humanities class you ever take: the immense Classical Foundations Bundle.
You’re getting the best texts, the best study tools, and the best deal, all in libraries tailored to your interests. Take advantage of limited-time savings on the Noet bundles that fit your study.
You’re an expert in your field, so you want tools that know it just as well as you do. Tools that help you plan lessons, make connections, build sound arguments, and draw out nuance. Tools that make you even better at your job.
With Noet, you can:
- Run powerful cross-library searches to find the arguments and references you need to know.
- Set a primary source to scroll in sync with its commentary or translation.
- See Greek and Latin gloss and morphology with a tap.
- Save lesson-prep time with Noet’s quote slides and timelines.
- Replace those inscrutable handwritten marginalia with highlights and searchable notes that sync across all your devices.
Don’t want to use up your book budget? Make it easy with a payment plan: you can lock in your launch savings, start using your new library right away, and spread out the payments over up to 12 months. (First, you can even try out Noet for free: download the 1,114-volume Perseus Classics Collection and the free Noet app and get to know the platform.)
Your core scholarly interest isn’t philosophy, history, literature, or the classics. It’s Scripture. But even if the Classical Foundations Bundle isn’t for you, you can still benefit from Logos’ work in the humanities:
- Download the Noet mobile app—it’s a free, useful resource for grasping context.
- Grab “the best tool available for studying classical Greek background of the Bible”: the free Perseus Classics Collection.
Then, depending on your area of study, you might still conclude that a Noet bundle is right for you:
- If you’re interested in the early church, the Ancient Philosophy Bundle will set you up to study the Greek intellectual climate leading up to early Christianity.
- If you’re interested in apologetics, the Modern Philosophy Bundle will help you get to know some of modernity’s best-known arguments both for and against God.
- If you’re interested in exegesis and ancient languages, Noet’s Greek and Latin bundles—especially the Biblical Greek Bundle—will help you understand the NT as it was originally written.
Avid readers & lifelong learners
Maybe you don’t read to improve your grades or prepare a paper. Maybe you read for the sheer pleasure of connecting with like minds across the centuries. “If you spend enough time reading,” said David Foster Wallace, “You find certain writers who [make] your brain vibrate like a tuning fork . . . . And when that happens, reading those writers—not all of whom are modern—becomes a source of unbelievable joy.”
The whole point of Noet is to break down the barriers between you and the text:
- Even if you don’t speak Greek or Latin, you’ll appreciate original-language nuance.
- Even if you’re not a trained historian, you’ll follow lines of influence through history.
- You’ll get a library preselected for quality, making it easier to find books you love.
Plus, if you’re anything like us, your plans for 2014 involve lots of learning. Noet’s a really great way to hack your education: the free app lets you take otherwise wasted time—your bus ride, the five- or ten-minute chunks you spend waiting in line—and turn it into personal growth. Noet bundles help you optimize your learning even further by equipping you with the very best books and study tools.
So, this year, invest in more and better reading and learning—get limited-time introductory savings on Noet bundles.
* * *
Now’s the very best time to build your library with Noet bundles—these special introductory discounts are never coming back.
P.S. Professors: if you’re interested in getting your whole classroom on the cutting edge of digital research in the humanities, shoot us an email at email@example.com. Students: interested in ditching your paper textbooks and adopting the Noet platform full-time? Ask your advisor about moving the syllabus to Noet. Not a student, but know and care for someone who is? Tell them about the free Noet app!