The whole suite of Logos mobile apps just got an awesome update. Here’s a rundown of everything you need to know about version 4.0 of the Logos Bible app.
Redesigned for iOS 7 and Android 4.4 (KitKat)
Embracing the flat-UI design wave, we’ve eliminated gradients, shadows, and reflections, relying instead on a series of simple icons and beautiful typography. Our 4.0 apps fit right in on the latest version of your favorite operating system—either iOS 7 or Android 4.4 KitKat.
The homepage now hosts three daily-use items:
- A reference box for quick navigation to a specific passage
- A list of daily readings you can edit in-app
- Logos’ Verse of the Day image, to inspire and challenge you
When updates become available for any of your resources, you’ll also receive notifications here.
In 4.0, we wanted to make it easy to get from anywhere to anywhere without compromising the uncluttered, text-focused reading experience we’ve always favored. So we introduced a slideout menu to simplify in-app navigation and bring the most-used features to the forefront.
The most useful change in 4.0 is in the verse picker. Now, when you tap to select a reference, you can choose a verse one of three ways: from a canonical list, in your book’s table of contents, or in a list of verses you’ve recently read. The last option is particularly useful—you can pin references to remain at the top of the list so they remain ever accessible. While this isn’t truly new, it’s been relocated for accessibility; you might discover it for the first time in 4.0.
Exclusive to Android
In addition, Android users will enjoy three extra features:
- Notes sharing—other apps can now send content to the Logos app. When you find a great illustration in your RSS reader or email, create a Logos note with just a few taps!
- Android Beam—devices with near field communications (NFC) capability will now be able to beam references, books, and notes when placed back to back with other NFC-capable devices.
- Store—browse Logos.com and buy new books right from your Android phone or tablet. It’s never been easier to find and acquire the Bible study tools you need!
Like it? Tell the world!
Proverbs 22:1 says, “A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold.”
As we launch 4.0, we need your help building a great reputation in the app stores. If you love 4.0 as much as we think you will, take a minute and review it. You’ll be helping more people discover and fall in love with Logos-powered Bible study.
* * *
If you don’t have our free Bible app, download it today to get the newest version!