Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
One of the most rewarding aspects of presenting Camp Logos training seminars around the globe is meeting Logos users. We have a great time discussing the Bible in the context of Logos Bible Software.
I also enjoy hearing which of the many Logos features is a person’s favorite. For one, it’s the Word by Word section in the Exegetical Guide. For another, it’s the Translation ring in Bible Word Study. And for another, it’s Copy Bible Verses on the Tools menu.
Here’s one that’s frequently mentioned that may surprise you: Read Aloud, located on the resource panel menu. In case you didn’t know, Logos will read many (but not all) of your books to you. This tool is listed among the favorites for various reasons:
- Poor eyesight
- Eye fatigue
If you’ve never used this help, try this:
- Open a resource such as the Lexham English Bible or Easton’s Bible Dictionary
- Choose the panel menu on the resource
- Select Read Aloud
- Set back and enjoy the reading (A)
- Notice the control buttons near the Layouts menu (B)
To adjust the reading speed:
- Click the number link on the control bar (four speeds are available) (C)
If you use this feature, please let us know why it’s helpful to you!