Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
One of Logos 5′s many helpful features is the ability to arrange previously created Documents and Guide Reports in a spreadsheet in which you can easily find and open just the right one.
- If you haven’t already, create several documents (notes, Passage Lists, etc.), and generate various reports from the Guides menu.
- To see and arrange these files in a spreadsheet:
- Choose the Documents or Guides menu.
- Note the spreadsheet that Logos automatically creates for you, with headers like Name (A), Type (B), etc.
- Click a column header to display the files according to that category. For example, click Name (A) to list them according to the title of the document or report.
- Click the little triangle next to Name (C) to toggle the files from ascending to descending order.
Now try this power-user trick:
- Click Type (A) to group together common documents or reports. For example, clicking Type places all the Note files with one another, the Passage Guide reports together, and so on.
- Now hold down the Shift key.
- Name (B) on the Documents spreadsheet to alphabetize the files under each type.
- Reference (C) on the Guides spreadsheet to place reports for biblical references in canonical order and reports for words or topics in alphabetical order under each type.
With the Shift + click you sort the grouped files!
Of course, click the name of any document or report to open it.
If you were a Logos 4 user and recently upgraded to Logos 5, check out all the new features in the What’s New? Training Manual from MP Seminars.