Logos has several helpful RSS feeds that bring you our latest blogs, news, and product information. If you’re not sure how to use an RSS feed, this post will get you started.
RSS (Real Simple Syndication) is a quick and efficient way to get up-to-date information from multiple sources in a single place. It’s like having your favorite websites send updates directly to you.
Getting started with RSS is a simple, three-step process:
1. Find an RSS Reader That Works for You
If you want to read RSS feeds, you’re going to need an aggregator—a single program that compiles your feeds.
There are lots of choices out there, but it’s pretty easy to find online articles explaining the pros and cons of various programs. Many browsers integrate RSS readers, or you can even subscribe to RSS feeds in Microsoft Outlook. In my opinion, you can’t beat Google Reader:
- It’s free.
- It syncs with your Gmail account.
- You can access it from any browser.
- You can subscribe to any page (RSS feed or not).
- There are a number of mobile apps.
- It’s super easy to use.
Other popular aggregators include NewsCrawler, Bloglines, and NewsGator; if you’re a Mac user, you can also check out aggregators like Shrook or Cyndicate.
Don’t get bogged down in the myriad of choices; find a simple one that works for you and get started!
2. Find an RSS Feed and Subscribe
Keep your eye out for this symbol: . It lets you know that a website has an RSS feed. (You also see a small orange rectangle that says RSS or XML, but these are rare nowadays.) These buttons are typically links to a website’s feed. You may have noticed that certain browsers detect feeds automatically.
Subscribing is just a matter of copying a site’s RSS feed into your aggregator. Every RSS reader is a little different, so get to know the best way to subscribe to a feed with your reader. When you click on a site’s feed button, you will often get helpful instructions. Once you get the hang of it, it’s an easy process.
3. Read Your Feeds
Once you’ve subscribed to some feeds, your aggregator will automatically check for updates. There’s really nothing more you need to do! Log in and find a list of the newest information from your favorite websites in one place.
Don’t Miss These Logos RSS Feeds
Here are some Logos RSS feeds to get you started:
- Logos Talk: Get the latest info on new projects and promotions, learn about Logos culture, find tips on using the software, and hear about upcoming features.
- Pre-Pubs: Don’t miss out on all the newest Pre-Pubs.
- Community Pricing: Keep up to date with new additions to the Community Pricing program.
- Logos Press Releases: Stay on top of the latest Logos news.
If you aren’t an RSS user yet, you’ll love getting all of your favorite website updates compiled into one easy-to-navigate reader. Subscribe to our RSS feeds and get started now!