The Weekly Roundup is a regular feature alerting you to significant things happening at Logos this week. Take a few moments to check out these newsworthy items for the week of February 11, 2012.
Tim Challies Is on the Cover of Bible Study Magazine!
“I am eager for Christians to look at personal devotions as being less about Bible study and more about relationship,” says Christian blogger Tim Challies. “I believe we can find freedom in seeing personal devotions as a conversation: hearing from the Lord in the Bible and then speaking to Him in prayer. . . . This is not about studying the way you would study a Shakespearian play or a textbook. This is relating to God. As I read the Bible, I am trying to ask questions based on my personal relationship with Him. If there is a story in there, I am asking, ‘Why would God reveal Himself in this story? Why does He want me to know this story? What am I being called to do?’ ” —Karen Jones
Subscribe now and receive the Tim Challies at nearly 33% off the cover price!
- Logos 4: Logos 4.5 Highlights Equal Notes
- Patristic Commentaries on Pre-Pub
- 9 New Ways to Save with Community Pricing
- Frederick W. Danker’s Legacy
- Pinterest—A New Way to Share Logos with Your Friends
- How have the Greek language tools in Logos changed your approach to Bible study?
- Do you prefer Bible study materials that are written in a personal tone or with a more academic approach?
- What time of the day do you schedule for reading the Bible?
- Jewish Women Collection (4 vols.)
- Biblical Performance Criticism Series (4 vols.)
- Kings of the Jews: The Origins of the Jewish Nation
- New Covenant Commentary Series (4 vols.)
Last Chance Pre-Pubs
These are Pre-Pubs shipping next week. Don’t miss your last chance to pick these up at their amazing Pre-Pub prices!
- Train Up a Child: Successful Parenting for the Next Generation
- In Search of the Silver Lining: Where Is God in the Midst of Life’s Storms?
- The Decades of Heinrich Bullinger (4 vols.)
- To Love God and to Love Others: A Devotional Commentary on James
Be sure to check out the latest collection from Community Pricing: the Classic Anabaptist and Mennonite History Collection (19 vols.)
- Containing the writings of early Anabaptists like Menno Simons and Balthasar Hübmaier, as well as works from twentieth-century Mennonite scholars like Daniel Kauffman and J. S. Hartzler, the Classic Anabaptist and Mennonite History Collection (19 vols.) is a must-have for those interested in Reformation history.
Don’t miss out on these collections nearing the 100% mark!
- Commentary on the Psalms from Primitive and Mediæval Writers (4 vols.)
- Disciplinary Decrees of the General Councils: Text, Translation, and Commentary
- Cambridge Greek Testament for Schools and Colleges (21 vols.)
- Classic Commentaries and Studies on Luke (24 vols.)
Logos is hiring! Here are just a few of the newest postings on our Careers page:
- Web Coder
- Email Marketing Specialist
- Advertising Specialist
- Vyrso Product Manager
- Email Marketing Assistant
- Kirkdale Press Publicist
- SEO/Web Analyst
- Marketing Technology Specialist
- Promotion Strategist
- Marketing Promotions Assistant
Graphic Design and Video
- Production Artist
- Motion-Graphics Artist
- Video Editor/Camera Operator
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Ministry Development Presenter: Houston
- Ministry Development Presenter: Chicago
- Ministry Development Account Manager
Was there anything else from Logos you found interesting this week? Leave us a comment and let us know!