Logos Talk’s Recommended Commentary Series highlights some favorite commentaries by Logos academics and the user community.
We Want to Hear from You!
Each week we will post a forum thread asking which commentaries, available from Logos, are your favorites for a specific book in the Bible. This is a great opportunity to let other Logos users know which commentaries you have found valuable in your studies.
We asked Logos Educational Designer Johnny Cisneros to give us his favorite commentaries on Mark. Here are a few of his choices in no particular order:
- Black’s New Testament Commentary: The Gospel According to Saint Mark by Morna Hooker
- The Gospel of Mark: New International Greek Testament Commentary by R. T. France
- The New American Commentary: Mark by James A. Brooks
Logos Community Favorites
Here are a few commentaries suggested by Logos users:
- The New International Commentary on the Old and New Testament: The Gospel of Mark by William L. Lane
- The Bible Speaks Today: New Testament, The Message of Mark by Donald English
- N. T. Wright Collection: Mark for Everyone by N. T. Wright
- Anchor Yale Bible: New Testament, Mark 1–8 by Joel Marcus
- Mark by Timothy J. Geddert
- Pillar New Testament Commentary: The Gospel according to Mark by James R. Edwards
- Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament: Mark by Robert H. Stein
This is only a small list of the suggested commentaries for Mark! For a larger selection of suggested commentaries, visit the forum post.