Logos Talk’s Recommended Commentary Series highlights some favorite commentaries by Logos academics and the user community.
We want to hear from you!
Each week we will post a forum thread asking which commentaries, available from Logos, are your favorites for a specific book in the Bible. This is a great opportunity to let other Logos users know which commentaries you have found valuable in your studies.
We asked Michael Heiser, resident scholar and academic editor for Logos Bible Software, to give us his favorite commentaries on Leviticus. Here are a few of his choices in no particular order:
- The JPS Torah Commentary: Numbers by Jacob Milgrom
- Anchor Yale Bible: Numbers 1–20 by Baruch A. Levine
- Anchor Yale Bible: Numbers 21–36 by Baruch A. Levine
Logos Community Favorites
Here are a few commentaries suggested by Logos users:
- Tyndale Commentaries: Numbers by Mark F. Rooker
- The New International Commentary on the Old and New Testament: The Book of Numbers by R. K. Harrison
- The New American Commentary: Numbers by R. Dennis Cole
- Numbers: God’s Presence in the Wilderness by Iain M. Duguid