We are excited to announce that the completely redesigned Personal Book Builder has shipped with the new version (4.3) of Logos Bible Software. Like all previous updates, version 4.3 is a free download for all Logos 4 users.
Personal Book Builder
With this update, Personal Book Builder will be added to Logos 4 as a completely free feature. You will now be able to create your own fully tagged, fully searchable books in Logos. These resources can be marked up with your own notes and highlights, and you can add links to your other Logos resources.
Create Your Own Resources!
Personal Book Builder allows you to create your own powerful, feature rich books for Logos 4! These books will operate with much of the same functionality as your other Logos resources.
Just think of all the documents you can combine with your Logos library. You can add your sermons, Sunday school lessons, personal Bible studies, or journals. Teachers can upload their curriculum and students can add their papers, essays and theses. Virtually any work you have on a Word document (.docx) can be integrated into your Logos 4 resources. Did I mention this was free?
How Do You Get the Update?
Logos 4 Users
If you have automatic updating enabled (screenshot), which is the default setting, Logos 4 should notify you that updates are ready to be installed. When you see the balloon tooltip window, right-click on the Logos icon in your system tray and choose to “Install update” (screenshot). If Logos 4 hasn’t downloaded the update by the end of the day, type Update Now into the Command Bar (screenshot). This will force Logos 4 to check for any available updates (screenshot) and begin downloading them.
Need to Upgrade to Logos 4?
If you are using a previous version of Logos Bible Software and waiting for that perfect time to upgrade to Logos 4, this is it! Not only do you get the newest version of Logos 4 including the Personal Book Builder, you will receive:
- Up to hundreds of new books for pennies on the dollar
- 100+ powerful new tools, features, databases, and more
- Access to your library on your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android device, and Biblia.com
- An interest-free payment plan option for up to twelve monthly payments
Visit our customized upgrader to find out what discounts you qualify for.
New to Logos?
If you have not made the leap to Logos, what are you waiting for? There are a number of enthusiastic users who would love to tell you how much you will benefit from Logos Bible Software. Purchase a base package today and see how Logos 4’s incredible features can dramatically improve your Bible study.
What’s New in Logos 4.3?
Version 4.3 brings a number of important new features—many of which are in direct response to your requests. Here are the major ones:
- Personal Book Builder
- Resource Justification and Hyphenation—Full justification of resource text, with hyphenation, can be enabled/disabled in Program Settings. The default setting is Enabled.
- Exegetical Guide—The default “Parts of Speech” setting in the “Word by Word” section is now “Include only these parts of speech” with only Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs selected.” Other parts of speech will be displayed, but will be grayed out. Clicking on a grayed-out word will generate data and navigate to the result.
There were also some nice little improvements made to resources, notes, searches, sentence diagramming, and syncing.
There are also some new features available for Mac users including updates to notes, keyboard shortcuts, and setup.
Check out “What’s New in Logos 4.3” to see a complete list of the changes.
Leave us a comment and tell us what you plan to add to your Logos 4 library with the Personal Book Builder!