The Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament (ACNT), on prepub now, is truly a resource for all. It offers something for everyone: Students can explore basic messages of the New Testament books and use the commentaries as a research tool for papers; Laypeople will find the commentaries helpful for personal or group Bible study; and pastors can use the commentaries for sermon and lesson preparation.
By explaining the text of the New Testament section by section, the fifteen volume Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament aims to bring the best of biblical scholarship on some of the most vital issues in the New Testament.
Each volume in the Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament is loaded with these great features:
- Introduction and topical overview of the New Testament book
- Analysis of the book’s influence in church history
- Discussion of textual issues
- Review of historical topics like authorship and dating
- Investigation of literary conventions and exegetical and interpretive challenges
- List of other helpful resources like books, articles, and reference works for further study
Appealing to all, the Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament is a great addition to your Bible study library. Not only will Scripture references in the Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament be linked to the Greek New Testament or your English translation, you can also link the Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament to other commentaries in your library. Be sure to grab the Augsburg Commentary on the New Testament while it’s on Pre-Pub!
Have you used any of the Augsburg New Testament commentaries? Leave us a comment and tell us about it.