Here at our headquarters in Bellingham, WA, the sun has just started poking out, tulips are blooming, and love, along with cotton, pollen, and many other allergens, is in the air.
Hello spring time.
Spring and summer are the most popular seasons for marriage in our part of the world and we thought it would be helpful to provide some resources for the couples, counselors, and pastors involved in pre-marital counseling.
We recently went through our entire library of marriage books, grouped them together, and ranked them based on their popularity in the past 15 months.
A few interesting notes:
- Because buying a collection gives you the cheapest price-per-book, almost all of our collections outsell individual books.
- We added many new individual titles in the past year which you may not have seen yet, such as Covenant Marriage by Gary Chapman and God on Sex by Daniel Akin.
We hope these books will be a source of wisdom and inspiration as you grow in your marriage and encourage new couples to grow in theirs.
- Hope for the Heart Biblical Counseling Library (100 vols.)
- B&H Marriage and Family Collection (19 vols.)
- Biblical Counseling Collection (30 vols.)
- Christian Focus Marriage and Family Collection (7 vols.)
- Christian Counseling Bundle (19 vols.)
- Foundations for the Family Series (4 vols.)
- The Five Love Languages Collection (7 vols.)
- Christian Life Collection (14 vols.)
- Biblical Lovemaking: A Study of the Song of Solomon by Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum
- The Intimate Marriage by R. C. Sproul
- Better Love Now by Tommy Nelson, David Delk
- Discovering Biblical Equality multiple authors
- What the Bible Says about Going Out, Marriage, and Sex by Chris Richards, Liz Jones
- The Healthy Marriage Handbook: Solid Answers to More Than 200 Questions That Will Strengthen and Enhance Your Marriage by Louise Ferrebee
- Pastoral Leadership for Manhood and Womanhood multiple authors
- Biblical Foundations for Manhood and Womanhood multiple authors
- God on Sex: The Creator’s Ideas about Love, Intimacy, and Marriage by Daniel L. Akin
- When Two Walk Together by Richard L. Strauss
- Covenant Marriage: Building Communication and Intimacy by Gary Chapman
- Marriage is for Love by Richard L. Strauss
- Seventy-Seven Irrefutable Truths of Marriage Dr. Lary Keefauver and Judi Keefauver
- Celebrating Christian Marriage by Adrian Thatcher
- Men and Women in the Church by Sarah Sumner
- Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson
- The Premarital Counseling Handbook by H. Norman Wright
- For a Glory and Covering: A Practical Theology of Marriage by Douglas Wilson
- Living in Love by Richard L. Strauss
- Getting Ready for a Lifetime of Love: Six Steps to Prepare for a Great Marriage by C. Michael Smith
- A Promise Kept by Robertson McQuilkin
- Exposition of Ephesians: Life in the Spirit in Marriage, Home and Work by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- With One Voice: Singleness, Dating and Marriage—to the Glory of God by Alex and Marni Chediak
- Biblical Counseling Keys on Premarital Counseling by June Hunt
- The Diamond Marriage: Have Ultimate Purpose in Your Marriage by Simon Vibert
- Premarital Guidance by Charles W. Taylor
- The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate by Gary Chapman
- Growing Your Olive Tree Marriage: A Guide for Couples from Two Traditions by David J. Rudolph
- Biblical Counseling Keys on Marriage by June Hunt
- Biblical Counseling Keys on Intimacy by June Hunt
Books for Men
- 101 Things Husbands Do to Annoy Their Wives by Ray Comfort
- Making Love Last: 365 Ways to Love Your Wife by Glenn Egli, Jennifer Carrell
- The Complete Husband by Lou Priolo
- Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family by Steve Farrar
- Do Yourself a Favor: Love Your Wife by H. Page Williams
- Fidelity: What it Means to be a One-Woman Man by Douglas Wilson
- Federal Husband by Douglas Wilson
- Understanding How Others Misunderstand You: A Unique and Proven Plan for Strengthening Personal Relationships by Ken Voges, Ron Braund
- The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate (Men’s Edition) by Gary Chapman
- Good Christians, Good Husbands? by Doreen Moore
Which of these books do you recommend for pre-marital counseling? Please leave a comment below.