I recently received this question from a Logos user:
The Lemma section of the Bible Word Study guide and the Word by Word section of the Exegetical Guide provide links to dictionaries and lexicons for various words. To the right of some resources are brief definitions, but some books display no such definitions. Why is this and can I control this feature?
First, those brief definitions or glosses are coming from the glossary field that appears in many, but not all Logos language resources. So if no glossary field is present in the book, no gloss is displayed in the Guide.
While we can not control the glosses that may or may not appear in the guides, we can determine which and in what order the resources are listed:
- Open the Library
- Click Prioritize in the upper right corner of the Library
- Type this text in the Find box of the Library: type:dictionary which displays all of your English, Hebrew and Greek dictionaries
- Right click on a dictionary and select Prioritize this resource, which places the book in the Prefer these resources list on the right
- Repeat this step for as many language dictionaries as you like
- Once the dictionaries are in the list on the right you can reorder them by dragging and dropping
The Exegetical Guide and Bible Word Study will now use this list to display resources for the words you’re studying.