Years ago I owned a print book called The Phrase Concordance of the Bible which contained the locations of numerous phrases in the Bible. I really liked this book, but quite often was frustrated with it. Inevitably the phrase I wanted to lookup was not in the book. Obviously there’s no practical way to make an exhaustive concordance of every phrase in the Bible. Logos 4 allows us, however, to locate any phrase in any Bible, regardless of how obscure the phrase may be. Here’s one way to access your exhaustive phrase concordance:
- Open any Bible to any passage
- Select (highlight) any phrase
- Right click on the selection
- Update: From the right side of the pop-up menu click Selection your phrase
- Example: Selection praise the Lord.
- Reference, Greek Strong’s or another item may already be selected so be sure to click Selection.
- Update: Then, from the left side of the menu click Search this resource
Your results appear almost instantly!
Please note this potential problem: If you select a phrase containing a footnote, the search will yield no hits.
Here’s one way to avoid the problem:
- On the Bible click the Visual filters icon (three circles icon)
- Select Bible text only
Now the Bible is displayed in list form with no footnotes or cross references. Phrase searching is now much easier.
Enjoy locating praise the Lord, and grace to you, and will of God, and …