The various guides in Logos Bible Software 4 contain numerous sections. For example, the Passage Guide lists Commentaries, Cross References, Parallel Passages, and so on. Each section searches different resources and is identified with a section title bar. When you click the title bar, that section collapses or expands. What’s more, if a guide opens with a section collapsed, the search in that section is delayed until you expand the section.
So here’s a strategy for using the sections in a guide:
- Open a guide from the Guides menu
- Generate a report for a passage or word
- Collapse all the sections in that guide
- Close the guide
- Return to the Guides menu and open the same type of guide
- Again generate a report for a passage or word
You’ll notice the sections stay collapsed just the way you closed the guide. Now expand a section at a time. Use the information in it and then collapse the section again. This process speeds up searches and allows you to use only the information you need when you need it!