Today’s guest post is from John Barry, the associate editor and project manager for Bible Study Magazine.
Today I have the privilege and honor of announcing that the inaugural issue of Bible Study Magazine went to press on Monday October 6th at 9:10 AM PST.
Since the time I was hired to launch, manage and be the Associate Editor of Bible Study Magazine, this project has become a deep passion of mine. I believe it will truly make a difference in the lives of those who read it.
If you haven’t heard about Bible Study Magazine yet, please check out the brand-new BibleStudyMagazine.com, where you can get a sneak preview of a few spreads. If you’ve already seen the site, I would recommend you check it out again, since this new version has a fresh feel and is much more informative.
We’re convinced that you’ll love this first issue. It is beautifully designed and full of enriching and fascinating content from (or about) some of the best in the church and biblical scholarship, including Josh McDowell, David Lawson, Peter Flint, Daniel Wallace, Mark Goodacre, Craig Broyles, Michael Heiser, and Arnold Fruchtenbaum.
At $14.95 for a one-year subscription, it is well worth your dollar. If you want the inaugural Nov-Dec 2008 issue, you’d better get your order in right away, because as you can see, we are nearly ready to ship the magazine.
Here is a list of the complete contents of the Nov-Dec 2008 issue:
- “Josh McDowell on Defending the Bible” by Christy Tennant
- “The Great Isaiah Scroll and the Original Bible: An Interview with Dr. Peter Flint” by John D. Barry
- “Choosing a Bible Translation” by Daniel B. Wallace
- “God’s Word through Multiple Voices: The Case of Sennacherib’s Invasion of Judah” by Craig C. Broyles
- “Facing Today with the Book of Hebrews” by John D. Barry
- “Using Bible Dictionaries: The Athenians, the Areopagus and an Anonymous God” by James D. Elgin
- “Discovering the Power of Luke’s Gospel” by Andrew B. Perrin
- “Letter from the Editor” by Michael S. Heiser
- “Headlines” by Heather Bambeck-Hulsey
- “Comics and Puzzles”
- “Finding Time for God” by Jeannine Seery
- “Cyril of Alexandria on Luke 8:43-48”
- “Who Took Verse 4 Out of My Bible?” by Michael S. Heiser
- “How Bible Study Changed My Life and Saved My Marriage with Precept Ministries’ David Lawson” by Christy Tennant
- “When I Open the Gospels: An Interview with Dr. Mark Goodacre”
- “What Does the Bible Teach About . . . Justification and Sanctification” by Arnold Fruchtenbaum
- “What’s In Your Bible?” by Vincent Setterholm
- “Shelf Life” (a review of four forthcoming books)