Over the weekend I got an email from a forum moderator in Australia who convinced the admins to add RefTagger to their site. He requested that we provide some instructions specific to phpBB, which is popular free forum software.
So for all you phpBB forum users out there, here’s how to add RefTagger. (You need to be an admin to do this, so if you’re not, just pass these instructions on to the guys who control the site.)
- Log in and navigate to your admin panel (http://yoursite.com/adm/).
- Click on the “Styles” tab at the top, and then click on “Templates” in the left sidebar.
- Find your template, and click “Edit.”
- Click the drop-down and select “overall_footer.html” under the “overall” section.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the code and paste the customizable RefTagger code from the RefTagger page right before the </body> tag.
- Click “Submit.”
You’re done. With just a few minutes of work, RefTagger is now doing its thing on your entire site! It doesn’t matter if your site is new or 10 years old or whether you have hundreds or millions of Bible references. You’ll see the results instantly on any page you navigate to on your site.
If you frequent a forum that has lots of Bible references, why not contact the admins and ask them to add RefTagger? We’re happy to provide instructions for other platforms as well. Just let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.