In Wednesday’s blog post I talked about the Resource Auto Update script and how it is important that you run it regularly to make sure that you have the most up-to-date version of your resource files.
I mentioned how you could bookmark the link in your browser, but some of you may prefer to have the link right in Libronix. So I’ve created a quick video demo that shows you how to create a resource update toolbar button.
If you don’t want to watch the video but just want the steps, here they are:
- Open Libronix.
- Right click in the toolbar area and click “Customize.”
- Click “New” to create a new toolbar. (You can also add the button to a pre-existing custom toolbar.)
- Leave the “Category” as “Special,” and click on “Go To (Internet Application).”
- Click “Add,” give the toolbar a name like “Resource Update,” and then click on “Details.”
- (Optional: Give the button a name, select a style and icon, and assign a shortcut key.)
- Paste the following link into the “Internet Address” box: http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd.
- Click “OK,” “OK,” and “Close.”
- Click your new button (or use your shortcut key) to run the Resource Auto Update.
Or just download the toolbar, put it in your My Documents\Libronix DLS\CustomToolbars folder, and enable it from the right-click menu by clicking in the toolbar area and selecting “Resource Update.”