In just a couple of weeks, Morris Proctor, authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software, will be coming to Bellingham, Washington for the 2008 National Camp Logos. It is scheduled for June 12-13 and will be held at Bellingham Covenant Church. (Get directions.)
It looks like it is going to be an extra special event. Morris lists seven reasons you might want to consider coming, even if you’re not from around Bellingham.
- More training. We expand the training hours from 9 to 4:30 each day so we can give you as much instruction as the body and brain can endure.
- Q and A times with the Logos leadership. We’ll have key Logos leaders available each day to answer your questions and tell you about exciting new happenings at Logos.
- More food. Your registration includes a huge continental breakfast and a tasty lunch for each day.
- Interaction with other Logos users. You have ample opportunity to meet other Logos users like yourself and learn how they’re using the software.
- A tour of the Logos headquarters. A highlight each year is when we visit the offices of Logos Bible Software to see where these electronic resources are developed.
- Vacation time in the northwest. Plan an extra couple of days to enjoy the beautiful country of Washington state.
- Also, this year we will have a special training session for the new HDNT. That’s right, you’ll be one of the first to learn to use this exciting new resource that uncovers the subtle meanings of the Greek language that are many times lost in the English translation.
The cost is $230, and the price covers
- two days of training
- a Camp Logos Syllabus
- breakfast and lunch both days
- a tour of Logos headquarters
- a special HDNT Training Session
If you’re wondering if Camp Logos is a worthy investment, read what past attendees have had to say. The subject of Camp Logos comes up in the newsgroups frequently, and the remarks from attendees are incredibly positive. Here are a few snippets:
I just completed two days of Morris Proctor’s Camp Logos . . . . I had hesitated before because of the . . . cost of the two days, but I discovered that Morris is a superb teacher. He gives clear, helpful insight into and practice with the program. I highly recommend it. It think the 74 others who attended would agree.
I strongly recommend the Camp Logos seminars to anyone who regularly uses Libronix. LDLS has so many features and so much power that I find that often many of us only ‘scratch the surface’ of what it can do for us.
If you gain even 1/10th of what Morris presents in the seminar you have received good value from your cost of attendance. Anything beyond that is bonus!
Morris’ camps are great. And compared to what we have invested in Logos, [the cost is] nothing. I never understood people who pay big bucks to get the software and then won’t pay a few more bucks to learn to use what they got.
I’ve been to several MP camps and they have all been great.
It’s not too late to register if you’d like to make your plans to attend.
Also, you might also want to check out the recap from the 2006 National Camp Logos.