The runner-up in the 2005 Logos Soup Cookoff was Landon & Krissy Norton’s Pottage of Pollo Parousia.
Landon says: “By the way, the title of this tasty treat when translated by a team of our scholars overseas means: The Second Coming of Chicken Tortilla Soup.” His recipe is below.
Here’s how we started:
- 1 ONION CHOPPED
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES MINCED (actually here I used some of the roasted garlic minced you find in jars)
- 2 CANS GREEN CHILES DICED
- 1 CAN MEXICAN STYLE TOMATOES CHOPPED 14 oz
- LIME JUICE (or the juice of 2 LIMES)
- CHILI POWDER 1 bag or more
- CUMIN 1 bag
- SOUR CREAM ½ cup for the soup, leave plenty for garnishing
- TORTILLA CHIPS (Go crazy here, use whatever you like)
- CILANTRO wish I would have bought fresh
- 1 can BLACK BEANS
- 3 CANS CHICKEN BROTH
- 2 cans of COOKED CHICKEN
- 1 can CORN
First, I sautéed the onions and the garlic in some butter (what a wonderful smell) and threw those in with all the other ingredients to simmer overnight. For the rest of the evening, all I did was season to taste. Note: Make sure you have plenty of dipping chips!