Today is the National Day of Prayer, an annual day set aside in America to turn to God in prayer and meditation.
Nothing can replace the access believers have to God through prayer—it is an invaluable part of a Christian’s life. Yet in a 2010 Lifeway Christian Resources poll of 1,200 18–29-year-olds, only 35% of those who identified themselves as Christians ever prayed with others, and 38% seldom (if ever) prayed alone.
We are talking about God’s call to his people to respond to him through repentance, intercession, and supplication. Prayer is too important to neglect!
If you need to revitalize your prayer life or just understand prayer better, both Logos and Vyrso have you covered!
Prayer Resources from Logos
- Prayer: Basic Training by Warren Wiersbe: join Warren Wiersbe as he probes Jesus’ high priestly prayer in this commentary on John 17.
- How to Get Results through Prayer by Jerry Bridges: are some prayer methods more effective than others? Jerry Bridges says, “Yes!”
- An Exposition on Prayer in the Bible (5 vols.) by Dr. James Rosscup: learn about more than 1,000 references to prayer in 61 of the Bible’s 66 books. This five-volume collection on prayer compiles 50 years worth of Dr. Rosscup’s teachings on prayer.
- Transforming Prayers by Kenneth Boa: “I have delighted in and reveled in the beauty of nature for as long as I can remember,” states Boa in the preface of Transforming Prayers. Pairing each prayer with an inspirational photo of nature, he combines written words with a visual illustration of God’s glory for greater effect.
- Nelson’s Personal Handbook on Prayer by James C. Wilhoit: designed to be thorough and cover a wide-range of topics for personal growth, this practical guide will walk the reader through all aspects of prayer.
- More Logos resources on prayer
Ebooks from Vyrso on Prayer
- In Constant Prayer by Robert Benson: explore the ancient practice of fixed-hour prayer, a structure for our lives where we can live in continuous awareness of God’s presence.
- A Book of Prayers for Couples by Stormie Omartian: When couples pray together, their marriage is strengthened and their commitment renewed.
- The Front Line: A Prayer Warrior’s Guide to Spiritual Battle by John Bornschein: The Front Line is a field manual for exploring the depth and power of a praying life. Drawing on a variety of perspectives, this book explores prayer from every angle—from its basic elements to the obstacles that hold people back.
- I Love You to God and Back: A Mother and Child Can Find Faith and Love through Bedtime Prayers by Amanda Lamb: discover how you and your child can find connection, humor, and a deeper understanding of God in the quiet last few minutes of each day.
- Prayzing! by Daniel Henderson: through powerful stories and real-life examples, this book will give you plenty of instruction and inspiration for making prayer a compelling and creative experience for every Christian.
- More ebooks on prayer from Vyrso
The National Day of Prayer is more than an opportunity to set aside some time to pray for our country. We can use this day to remember the value of consistent prayer.