Portfolio is the biggest, best library we could build. We pulled out all the stops for Logos 5 to give you a massive library at an incredible price—with huge introductory discounts that expire soon. Here’s a quick introduction to the biggest base package we’ve ever offered.
How big is Portfolio?
Portfolio is much bigger than it was before.
- You get 2,585 resources—up from 1,650 resources before.
- You get $78,000 worth of books and content—up from $36,245 before.
It’s also much bigger than any other base package:
- It has 557 more resources than Diamond
- It has 1,215 more resources than Platinum
- It has 1,509 more resources than Gold
Why bigger is better
You might be asking, “Why do I need such a big library?”
Think of it this way: the value of a book by itself (physical or digital) is only in the information it carries. When you link two books together—for example, a link between a citation and the book it cites, or the ability to scroll the Greek text and your English New Testament side by side—you increase the value of each book.
When you start adding more complex links between thousands of books, and then integrate your library with data, smart tools, and a clean, fast interface to access everything, you can see that the books in your library become exponentially more valuable as you increase the total size of your library. (This is called the “Network Effect.”)
With Logos, the books in your library are interconnected. More books means more links between your books, more relevant results in the reports you run—like the Passage Guide, Exegetical Guide, Bible Word Study, and more.
That’s why 2,651 resources in Portfolio are more valuable than 2,651 print books.
What’s in Portfolio?
Here’s what’s included:
- 668 volumes of Bible commentaries
- 152 volumes on Bible introduction, history, and culture
- 359 volumes of biblical studies, including 50 volumes of the Journal for the Study of the New Testament Supplement Series
- 285 theological works, including Calvin, Schaeffer, Aquinas, Owen, Baxter, Pink, and more.
- 261 volumes on preaching and teaching, including 86 Spurgeon books
- 113 original-language grammars, lexicons, word studies, and other tools, including BDAG, LSJ, and HALOT
- Every Greek and Hebrew critical text in our format
- 40 volumes on exegesis and interpretation
- All 53 features in Logos, including all the new Logos 5 features
One way many people determine whether they should get a base package is by calculating the value of books or commentary sets they’ve had their eye to see if they can get a better price as part of a base package. In most cases, they can, and you probably can, too.
For example, Portfolio contains the following resources:
- Calvin’s Commentaries (46 vols.) ($149.95 separately)
- Lange’s Commentary on the Holy Scriptures (63 vols.) ($299.95 separately)
- The New American Commentary Series (NAC) (40 vols.) ($499.95 separately)
- JPS Tanakh Commentary Collection (JPSTC) (11 vols.) ($399.95 separately)
- The College Press NIV Commentary Series (40 vols.) ($739.95 separately)
- The Practical Works of the Rev. Richard Baxter (23 vols.) ($349.95 separately)
- N. T. Wright’s Christian Origins and the Question of God Series (3 vols.) ($99.95 separately)
- Themelios 1–37 (1975–2012) (111 issues) ($209.95 separately)
- Charles Spurgeon Collection (86 vols.) ($399.95 separately)
- Crossway John MacArthur Collection (9 vols.) ($99.95 separately)
- The Works of Jonathan Edwards (2 vols.) ($119.95 separately)
- The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer (5 vols.) ($99.95 separately)
- The Journal of Biblical Literature (26 vols.) ($299.95 separately)
- Fortress Press Homiletics Collection (13 vols.) ($149.95 separately)
- Theological Lexicon of the New Testament (3 vols.) ($89.95 separately)
- Theological Lexicon of the Old Testament (3 vols.) ($99.95 separately)
- A. W. Tozer Collection (57 vols.) ($399.95 separately)
- B. B. Warfield Collection (20 vols.) ($274.95 separately)
- The Works of John Owen (24 vols.) ($399.95 separately)
- Summa Theologica, by Thomas Aquinas (30 vols.) ($249.95 separately)
You’ll notice that the books above would cost you $5,434 if you bought them separately.
But if you get Portfolio instead, not only will you get all these books—you’ll get almost 2,000 additional resources, all for less than the price of just the books listed above.
Your list of must-have resources might look a little different than the list above, but probably not too different—it still probably includes a few commentaries, some reference works, a lexicon or two, and some theological works. Take a look at the content in Portfolio, make your own list, and then do the math to see what you’ll save by buying or upgrading to Portfolio.
Upgrading from the previous version of Portfolio?
If you own a previous version of Portfolio, you can still take advantage of incredible savings and get a ton of new books.
With an upgrade from the previous version of Portfolio, you’ll get:
- 1,643 new resources
- $23,036.51 worth of content if you bought the books separately at regular Logos.com prices, or $49,088.87 worth of content if you bought the books at print list prices.
- All the new Logos 5 features
When you upgrade, you get all this for $118.23 per month for 18 months. And depending on what you already own, your price could be much lower than this number.
You won’t lose any books you already own, plus you’ll get all the new content, along with the new Logos 5 features.
18-month payment plan
Are you on a book budget? Our interest-free payment plans are designed for you. By extending the payment plan from 12 to 18 months, we’re making it easier for you to use the monthly book budget provided by your church to pay for Portfolio. Payment plans are interest-free, but we do ask for a $5 processing fee to cover additional accounting and administration expenses.
Head on over to the comparison chart to see what’s in Portfolio, and to see your customized discount price.
Don’t miss the limited-time introductory discount
For just a little while longer, you can get Portfolio at an introductory discount, but this discount won’t last forever. If you’re thinking about buying or upgrading to Portfolio, it’s important that you do so soon.
In addition to the launch discounts, you’ll get an additional discount for any content you already own—even for books you may have bought 20 years ago. If you’ve been a Logos customer for awhile and you’ve been acquiring books over the years, you may be surprised at how low your price for Portfolio might be.
The main thing you need to know is that this price will be going up soon. Head on over to the upgrade page to see everything you will get and your personalized discount price.