Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
A while back, a Logos user asked me if it’s possible to locate resources published in certain years. The answer is yes!
You may not need this trick every day, but when you do, here are the simple steps:
- Click the Library icon.
- Click the View icon (A).
- Select Details view (B).
- Right-click a column header (C).
- Select Publication Date (D).
- Drag Publication Date to the desired position in the layout (E).
- Select a column header, like Title, Author, or Type, to arrange the resources (F).
- Type a query in the Find box, such as one of these listed below, to find your resources (G):
- pubdate:=1900 locates resources published in 1900.
- pubdate:<1900 locates resources published before 1900.
- pubdate:>1900 locates resources published after 1900.
- pubdate:<=1900 locates resources published in or before 1900.
- pubdate:>=1900 locates resources published in or after 1900.
- pubdate:>=1900 AND pubdate:<=1910 locates resources published between 1900 and 1910 (H).
- Notice that the years in the Publication Date column correspond to the query! (I)
Use these same queries in Tools | Collections to create search collections: then you can locate what was said about a specific subject in a specific period.