Tell Us How You Use Logos!

We're ListeningAre you a regular Logos user? We need your help!

We’d love to get a little feedback on how you use the software. Are there particular questions you use Logos to answer? Are there features you return to over and over again?

So, whether you’re a:

• Pastor
  • Professor
  • Student
  • Writer
  • Chaplain
  • Missionary
  • Church planter
  • Homeschooling parent
  • Or someone who’s just serious about Bible study

. . . we want to hear from you!

Here are some of the things we’d like to know:

1. Does Logos help you fill a specific role? (e.g., pastor, student, professor, etc.)
  2. What tasks do you count on Logos to help you with in your study?
  3. Do you have a favorite feature?
  4. Do you have particular feedback you’d like to pass along?

Leave us a comment here, or get involved in the forum discussion. We’re listening!

Comments

1. Logos is the way that I do my research (just for fun, papers, or sermons). I'm located in a small town and Biblical resources are scarce. Logos helps to fuel my fire while keeping me grounded.

2. Jason Setzer says:

I love the resources. I would love to see a FREE training dvd or software download made available that walks users through all functions of Logos. This is expensive software. Good training should come with it.

3. I'm a pastor and use Logos to study and uncover Biblical principles within the text. Some favorite features are:
    1. Sense Lexicon – I love that I can trace the sense of a word to help better understand the word in its context.

2. The Diagramming Feature is nice – I like to break things down to their most simple form and the diagraming module allows me to do this.

3. Importing my own custom highlights – I LOVE the fact that Logos allows users to import graphics. I can now import my own inductive symbols for a more personalized study

Feedback:
    1. Ditto Jason's request. A free training DVD/Video would be superb!
    2. Definitely more training in the Syntax Searching; maybe covered in the training video?

4. Ken Gomes says:

I use it for personal study, book reading, as my bible at church and home. My favorite feature is the passage guide. I really like all the tools packed into this package. I like how all my resources are interconnected. Logos make passage or word study simple.

As one who uses a Surface Pro 2 a decent windows app would be nice for casual use.

5. Karen Connor Coker says:

It would be wonderful if you could share how you import your inductive symbols for custom highlighting. I do a lot of Precept Inductive Studies and could really use this. Echo on the need for a more robust free training!

6. The latest webinar was good, please give us at least one a month, similar in length and available on YouTube so we do not have to download and save. I am an Elder in the Church of Scotland, but now retired and living in Malaysia, where my wife and I are active in St. Mary's Anglican Cathedral. We both use Logos for our devotions. We lead two small groups – one for the church and one for those of other faiths in our condo. We also attend training sessions in church – overseen by Moore College in Sydney, and many seminars. Bible Study is our main hobby. We use Logos for all of this. Like the way we can return to layouts for devotions and studies, and update them as we go along. Hope we can get more stability with the Mac version, as crashes are still frequent and always seem to happen at the wrong time!

7. Pastor Joe Blanton. I am the pastor of a small church, and pretty much do it all. Logos is critically vital in my sermon preparation. It is a trememdous time saver. Through your efforts I can prepare a quality sermon in a matter of a few hours. God bless all those who work as Logos.

8. As a user going back to v1, I have used Logos for almost all types of research and that is what I love about it. Whether I am investigating words in Greek, Hebrew or English, studying verses, chapters or books, reading up on a topic, or trying to understand a doctrine better, I know the tools are present. From studies that start with a word or a thought, I can pursue my chase and know that at the end of the day, I will have an answer. The ability to add new books based upon the current study being undertaken helps to widen my search and gives me new abilities. On off days, I can do my devotions or just read the Bible or a book (via Vyrso), or have a study Bible to carry around in the form of FaithLife. What a combination!

9. William Harris says:

I’m a pastor and I use Logos for my personal study and sermon Preparation. As others have stated a free training DVD or some software downloads that walks users through all functions of Logos would be very helpful. I love having the Sermon Starter Guide, but it would be very helpful with more detailed instructions on how to use it.

10. I use Logos as a teacher, a student of languages, as someone who's serious about Bible study, for research, and to do some writing. I love the sync feature so that I can access my document on my Android devices. The two things I would love Logos to develop further are being able to use personal books on mobile devices and a more developed document production ability (A document/sermon/article tool with inbuilt spell-check). At the moment I can't access my personal books readily and I'm making do with the notes tool in order to write documents (and copying and pasting to Word to check spelling).

11. John St Leger Morris says:

It helps me prepare letters to a Christian student in prison.

12. Heather Hunt says:

I'm a mom of 4 young children and I use Logos daily to study the Word. I use different commentaries along with my Bible reading and I create different Bible and book reading plans to keep me accountable. I LOVE logos and wish I knew how to use it more effectively. I echo Jason's post about wishing there were better training opportunities for those of us who are less mobile.

13. Pastor Al Brodbent says:

There are the LOGOS videos that are outstanding. God to the LOGOS sight and pick any subject you want to learn.

14. Pastor Al Brodbent says:

Recently one of my prayer partners that is trying to decide what to do with the future asked me "How would you begin your ministry if you were starting over?". I shared with him (NOW DON'T YOU SEMINARY PRAYER PARTNERS GET MAD AT ME!) that I would get LOGOS for one year and do all I could to master it and then select a seminary to go to.

15. I am still student and working as a pastor. I use Logos for the exegesis. It is open almost all day on my cpu. The grammar tools are helpfull for me as a student. What I use a lot is the exegetical guide, wordstudy and search options. Also I look to different translations. I would like to be able to consult the Frisian Version.

16. I am a full time student and preacher at a small church. I write my sermons using the sermon creator features and study using all the other features. I would love to see you add an audio feature for the available books.

17. Jason same here, I see all of the resources available now I am muddling through getting to learn the power of Logos.

18. I am a Sunday School teacher and I use it for background history and general research. I wish I had someway to use it more effectively since I forget a lot.

19. 1. Logos helps me most of all as a student at Dallas Theological Seminary. The commentaries and Bible dictionaries are indispensable.
    2. Most of the time I use the Hebrew Bibles in Logos along with some Hebrew lexicons to help me parse verse and look up vocab I do not know.
    3. My favorite feature is the "layouts." I love being able to save my favorite layouts and easily access them and alter them.
    4. I love Logos!

20. I love Logos, I love the ability to highlight, to tag resources whatever I want with as many tags as I want, without needing to make more than one copy. I also like the fact that I can add articles to Logos, and to use Logos great search capability and instant Bible verse hyperlinks.

21. John W. Daniel says:

Yes. I am a senior pastor / preaching pastor and I use Logos more and more. I use it for Bible Study preparation and for sermon preparation. Occasionally I use it for general research. I use it to copy Bible verses all the time. I like the program, but what I need is to better learn to use it. I would like more free self help videos because it is too expensive to come all the way from central Virginia to some other state for this. Also, I would love to talk with someone about hosting a training event in our facility for the Richmond area. Thoughts>

22. Francis Rouvinez says:

I use Logos extensively for academic studies and for personal use. 1) Typically, if I must read a resource, I prefer to purchase it in Logos. This allows me to have annotations and highlights that are more likely to be of future use than if they were in print books. It allows me also to cross-reference pertinent resources. 2) For languages, it is great to have parsing, grammars and lexical information handy. This is a significant time saver. Morphological searches, root or lemma searches etc are all very useful. 3) For personal use, it is very helpful to be able to read reference works (commentaries, dictionaries) to find answers to questions that arise from personal reading.

23. Pour des études poussées, et il faut du temps pour ça!

24. Steve DeKok says:

I use Logos every day. It is a great tool. I know there are many features that I have not figured out yet. It helps ma as a pastor to prepare my sermons in a most thorough way. The Greek, Hebrew resources are great.

One thing that I still have trouble with is a quick look. I used my Strong's concordance often. Logos 4 had a tool like that and I have not found it in Logos 5 without jumping through several hoops.

The training videos are of great help. Thank you for doing a good job.

25. Francis Rouvinez says:

Oui, c'est vrai mais pour l'usage personnel, ce n'est pas toujours nécéssaire d'y passer beaucoup de temps à la fois. On peut rapidement consulter les ouvrages pertinents à un passage ou une étude biblique. En ce moment, la compagnie essaye de se développer dans d'autres langues et le Français en fait partie. Peut-être qu'il y aura bientôt des resources intéressantes pour toi et les autres francophones. Je pense que tu trouverais cela utile. Ceci étant dit, si tu es prête à pratiquer ton anglais, il y a beaucoup qui est déjà disponible.

26. Former Pastor and now Sunday School teacher, I really like the way you can link your favorite Bible to commentaries. I usually have 2 or 4 commentaries open at a time when studying a particular topic, verse or word. I use to do the same with books, both hard copies and Kindle books, but Logos make it so much easier and rewarding. It would be nice if Logos also had a complete word processing program as well. Still learning the many features.

27. I am currently in grad school working on a Masters in Pastoral Ministry and logos has been an amazing resource in my academic papers. I have 1-2 papers due each week, so I am working with logos all the time doing research, clipping quotes, writing papers and creating reference lists. It is hard to imagine what school would be like without logos!

28. Karen Connor Coker
    Hi, I actually did a tutorial video on this the other day. Here is the link:

29. Karen Connor Coker
    Hi, I actually did a tutorial video on this the other day. Here is the link:

30. John A. English says:

I have used Logos to write papers for College, talks for retreats and to find answers for some men I minister to. I've used it since version 2 or 3, I don't remember which. There are many resources now – much more than in those early versions. I have one resource that Logos no longer publishes. It's really good software – I'm getting rid of paper books as I can.

31. Robert Miner says:

Yes, I'm glad you asked. You could say I'm a "missionary professor" serving in theological education in the Arab World, Director of Graduate Studies with PTEE (www.ptee.org). I really enjoy Logos, use it literally daily, if not even repeatedly during the day.
    I'd like to express one simple request to Logos: Please develop your Android App to include the prayer lists, which I use daily my laptop/desktops. Also allow Android App the option of storing books and Bibles on the external memory card.
    Thank you for listening and thank you for improving.

32. Robert Miner says:

Thank you for listening and thank you for improving.

33. Susan Wells Murphy says:

I'm an avid user of Logos. I really like the Daily Bible Reading feature. Also, I teach small groups in my church and I use Logos to write my lessons. I've recently finished with a Bible Basics class. This Fall I will be leading an apologetics class and I'm calling it "Defending the Faith". I've been doing a lot of research on Logos for this class. There's lots of apologetic material on my version of Logos and it is very helpful for my class. I really like the highlighting feature in Logos. I've had Logos for 7 years and it has greatly enriched my Bible study. I cannot tell you how thankful I am for this tool that has made my study such a pleasure.

34. Susan Wells Murphy says:

35. Scot Tomlinson says:

My Logos use is two-fold. I use it in my studies as a place to go for resources when writing a paper, discussion board, or deeper knowledge on a topic. I also prefer to own my textbooks in Logos as well.
    Secondly I use Logos for teaching and sermon prep. There is nothing as powerful as Logos for getting deep into a topic or passage, to understand the context, original language, and application.

36. Scot Tomlinson says:

37. I am a missionary/pastor on the Navajo Reservation and I am able to have an extensive library at my fingertips even when I need to work offline due to slow/unstable internet connections. I have invested the time into learning to unlock the power of Logos by purchasing some great training videos by John Fallahee at learnlogos.com. I use Logos almost exclusively in sermon prep and for tools to do discipleship and Bible Study. Best money I have ever spent!

38. I am a missionary/pastor on the Navajo Reservation and I am able to have an extensive library at my fingertips even when I need to work offline due to slow/unstable internet connections. I have invested the time into learning to unlock the power of Logos by purchasing some great training videos by John Fallahee at learnlogos.com. I use Logos almost exclusively in sermon prep and for tools to do discipleship and Bible Study. Best money I have ever spent!

39. I am a parishioner who serves in Senior Adult Ministry as a volunteer. The Pastor to Senior Adults and I lead a Bible Study. My Logos Library is large (platinum) and it allows me to be properly prepared for this activity. I am a retired scientist, so my Logos Library allows me to continue learning at 78 years of age.

40. I am a parishioner who serves in Senior Adult Ministry as a volunteer. The Pastor to Senior Adults and I lead a Bible Study. My Logos Library is large (platinum) and it allows me to be properly prepared for this activity. I am a retired scientist, so my Logos Library allows me to continue learning at 78 years of age.

41. Brother, Logos offers tutorial videos on YouTube, their latest ones and earlier one also. Stay inspired brother.

42. Brother, Logos offers tutorial videos on YouTube, their latest ones and earlier one also. Stay inspired brother.

43. Ricardo Smith they do, but honestly and I'm not knocking it but if you want to find some really good instruction on how to use Logos then go to learnlogos.com. The price is very fair as well and you definitely get what you pay for. Also they do regular webinar's that are extremely helpful.

44. Ricardo Smith they do, but honestly and I'm not knocking it but if you want to find some really good instruction on how to use Logos then go to learnlogos.com. The price is very fair as well and you definitely get what you pay for. Also they do regular webinar's that are extremely helpful.

45. As an attendee to a prayer group and a bible study group, I have found the bible reading plans, along with the daily devotionals, and the reading lists that I use each day on Logos 5 are superior.

46. As an attendee to a prayer group and a bible study group, I have found the bible reading plans, along with the daily devotionals, and the reading lists that I use each day on Logos 5 are superior.

47. When I start up my Logos (Verbum) I have some of my devotional works placed in the menu bar. I usually click on the Daily Lectionary. Opening it gives me the readings listed and ready to be read, fully printed out in my default translation for quick and easy reading. After my reading I decide which one I wish to focus on that day for my daily devotional study and I start the passage guide and read the passage in a couple other translation (often all five of my default translations that Logos automatically opens). I then expand my commentaries section, and move the commentaries to overlapping scripture windows for more space (leaving the info window open in case I want to look something up). Logos allows one to automatically place foot notes in Word and some other word-processors. One little trick I use since my devotional journal is more basic is I copy the text I wish to place in my journal and paste it in the command window and then select all and cut it. This gives me the citation info in an open format. Then from my devotional journal I can easily share what I want on Facebook to friends and family.

48. When I start up my Logos (Verbum) I have some of my devotional works placed in the menu bar. I usually click on the Daily Lectionary. Opening it gives me the readings listed and ready to be read, fully printed out in my default translation for quick and easy reading. After my reading I decide which one I wish to focus on that day for my daily devotional study and I start the passage guide and read the passage in a couple other translation (often all five of my default translations that Logos automatically opens). I then expand my commentaries section, and move the commentaries to overlapping scripture windows for more space (leaving the info window open in case I want to look something up). Logos allows one to automatically place foot notes in Word and some other word-processors. One little trick I use since my devotional journal is more basic is I copy the text I wish to place in my journal and paste it in the command window and then select all and cut it. This gives me the citation info in an open format. Then from my devotional journal I can easily share what I want on Facebook to friends and family.

49. Charles Pugh says:

I love the sermon starter feature. It saves a lot of time

50. Charles Pugh says:

I love the sermon starter feature. It saves a lot of time

51. I have used LOGOS since the pre libronix days. For me the whole purpose was to make my research easier and great strides have been made towards that end. I am a mature age Bible college student as well as being responsible for small groups and occasional preaching duties.My interests lie in theology so I am tending to need to access books other than the bible more and more. I feel that Logos 5 probably has the tools to make my research easier but I still have not figured out how to ask it questions as" What is NT Wrights view on the resurrection or virgin birth." Once I understand that concept my library will be of even more use than it is currently. I really enjoyed the webinar and appreciate that there were significant clues in it to assist me in my quest.

52. I have used LOGOS since the pre libronix days. For me the whole purpose was to make my research easier and great strides have been made towards that end. I am a mature age Bible college student as well as being responsible for small groups and occasional preaching duties.My interests lie in theology so I am tending to need to access books other than the bible more and more. I feel that Logos 5 probably has the tools to make my research easier but I still have not figured out how to ask it questions as" What is NT Wrights view on the resurrection or virgin birth." Once I understand that concept my library will be of even more use than it is currently. I really enjoyed the webinar and appreciate that there were significant clues in it to assist me in my quest.

53. As a missionary, I use Logos daily. The Bible reading feature keeps me in the Word and I keep the study Bibles open as I go through the Bible each year. I study particular passages weekly preparing sermons and messages. The Spanish dictionaries are helpful translating my messages into Spanish. I post devotional thoughts regularly on Facebook whenever I find a good quote I want to share with friends.

54. As a missionary, I use Logos daily. The Bible reading feature keeps me in the Word and I keep the study Bibles open as I go through the Bible each year. I study particular passages weekly preparing sermons and messages. The Spanish dictionaries are helpful translating my messages into Spanish. I post devotional thoughts regularly on Facebook whenever I find a good quote I want to share with friends.

55. I'd gladly give up half the features of logos if you could speed it up. I have a new computer and am constantly frustrated by the speed

56. I'd gladly give up half the features of logos if you could speed it up. I have a new computer and am constantly frustrated by the speed

57. I think sales,sales,sales cheapen your business. Sort of like cheap grace I see in religion, today

58. I think sales,sales,sales cheapen your business. Sort of like cheap grace I see in religion, today

59. I've been using Logos since the very beginning and as a retired pastor I still use it constantly every single day as I continue to study the Word. I'd be lost without it. It has grown so much over the years and offers everything a person could want to study the Word, and it does it quickly.

60. I've been using Logos since the very beginning and as a retired pastor I still use it constantly every single day as I continue to study the Word. I'd be lost without it. It has grown so much over the years and offers everything a person could want to study the Word, and it does it quickly.

61. Brandon Frank says:

First and foremost, WOW! Love the resources that are provided. I am a student at Liberty University and the resources are a must when I am having to cite 10+ academic sources in a research paper.

As an avid Apple user, I am more accustomed to a friendly graphic user interface. A three year old can use an iPad within 7 minutes without any training. I do not expect a small company like Logos to equal engineering feats of a billion dollar corporation; however, I would like to see improvements. Until then, access to solid training should be included.

62. Brandon Frank says:

63. I find Logos to be an excellent tool to do many things that I would do every day anyway. With Logos I can get that much more done in the same amount of time. I am a retired MVS Systems Programmer. In the early seventies, I went to seminary and ultimately decided that the ministry was not for me. I use Logos for my daily devotionals, teaching bible studies or anything I may need to do research on. I have been a life-long scholar and I continue to keep up with my studies. Logos plays a big part in all of this. I have used Logos academically in my diakonia studies with the Lutheran and also with my studies for the Stephen Ministries. Since my seminary day I have always been interested in the Jewish roots of Christianity. I have use Logos to review my Hebrew and to delve in the Jewish Talmud. I wish I at Logos way back when I was in college and seminary.

64. I find Logos to be an excellent tool to do many things that I would do every day anyway. With Logos I can get that much more done in the same amount of time. I am a retired MVS Systems Programmer. In the early seventies, I went to seminary and ultimately decided that the ministry was not for me. I use Logos for my daily devotionals, teaching bible studies or anything I may need to do research on. I have been a life-long scholar and I continue to keep up with my studies. Logos plays a big part in all of this. I have used Logos academically in my diakonia studies with the Lutheran and also with my studies for the Stephen Ministries. Since my seminary day I have always been interested in the Jewish roots of Christianity. I have use Logos to review my Hebrew and to delve in the Jewish Talmud. I wish I at Logos way back when I was in college and seminary.

65. Raphael Balser says:

God called me to teach 35+ years ago, I argued with Him for 2 years (James 3: 1)before I finally gave in. My teacher has been the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 2: 9-10) and those books, tapes and authors He has led me to, which saved me, possibly, many years of study on my own. It takes a long time (usually) to express properly (me anyway, I don’t write books)a truth from the Scripture. I finally determined that the HERMENEUTIC that I was using was: Historical/Grammatical. I started studies on the computer with Libronics quite a few years ago and finally switched to Logos 3, now Logos 5. I have many books in my library that I have little use for as I primarily use histories and dictionaries/lexicons. Having them on my screen, usually 4 with many others on the menu bar, makes it easy for me to write what I have learned into lessons with verses and quotes for emphasis. I would like to see a combination of histories and dictionaries/lexicons in a package w/o many commentaries and/or general reading. This is an excellent study program. I’ve been satisfied with it for many years. Keep up the GREAT work. Bless you all.