A few weeks ago, Logos announced a new division: Logos Mobile Education. The purpose of Mobile Ed is to go beyond our historical goal of equipping people to do Bible study; now we’re going to provide academic-quality biblical and theological instruction. Mobile Ed is about experiencing education where you are. There’s no reason to uproot your family, quit your job, and say goodbye to your church to prepare for ministry and grow in biblical knowledge. Logos Mobile Ed removes those obstacles and keeps the focus where it ought to be—on your schedule, your family, and your ministry goals.
Mobile Ed courses are designed to match the content of courses you would take in Bible college and seminary. The curriculum includes courses on Bible, theology, interpretation, church history, original language tools, counseling, and ministry.
We’re excited to announce the launch of the first round of courses: Bible and Doctrine Foundations, which includes nine courses:
LT151: Logos Academic Training
- Morris Proctor provides training in the use of Logos Bible Software to prepare students for theological and biblical study.
OT101: Introducing Old Testament: Its Structure and Story
- Dr. Mark Futato takes students through the major themes of those Old Testament books that narrate Israel’s history, showing how each contributes to the Old Testament’s presentation of God’s plan to establish a people and kingdom on earth.
NT101: Introducing New Testament: Its Structure and Story
- Dr. Lynn Cohick guides students in understanding the structure and major themes of the New Testament.
BI101: Introducing Biblical Interpretation: Contexts and Resources
- Dr. Michael S. Heiser introduces students to the science and art of biblical interpretation. The Bible is a book written for us, but not to us today, so accurate interpretation requires knowledge of the ancient worldview of the biblical writers.
BI201: The Story of the Bible
- Dr. Michael Goheen introduces students to the coherent, unifying storyline that runs throughout the Bible by tracing theological themes across the Old and New Testaments.
TH101: Introducing Bible Doctrine I: Theology, Divine Revelation, and the Bible
- Dr. Ronn Johnson, Dr. Carl Sanders, and Dr. Michael S. Heiser challenge students to examine the roles of divine revelation, the Bible, Christian tradition, logic, and philosophy in articulating doctrine.
TH102: Introducing Bible Doctrine II: The Triune God and His Heavenly Host
- Dr. Ronn Johnson and Dr. Carl Sanders introduce students to the academic discussion of the Persons of the Trinity and the members of God’s heavenly host. The course also discusses God’s providential relationship to creation, his divine knowledge, and the problem of evil.
TH103: Introducing Bible Doctrine III: Humanity, Sin, and Salvation
- Dr. Carl Sanders and Dr. Ronn Johnson discuss the theological importance of humanity’s being created in the image of God, separation from a relationship with God because of sin, biblical concepts of atonement and justification, and the ultimate destiny of believers.
TH104: Introducing Bible Doctrine IV: The Church and Last Things
- Dr. Carl Sanders and Dr. Ronn Johnson introduce students to the theological discussion of the institution of the church and the biblical doctrine of eschatology (“end times”). They present various views on prophetic interpretation, a rapture, and millennialism.
Mobile Ed courses are delivered entirely within Logos. They aren’t video courses, though HD video is an important component—video lectures are only the starting point for learning. The professor speaks directly to you in a personal, one-on-one format. Videos are linked to the centerpiece of all Mobile Ed courseware: your personal Logos library. No other resource puts as much academic material for theology and biblical studies at your fingertips. And no educational program has ever allowed students to take the professor and the library with them—until now.
Logos Mobile Ed is biblical and theological education that fits your life. Start learning now with the Bible and Doctrine Foundations package. Logos Mobile Education—it’s where you are.
Pre-order the first nine-course bundle today.