As a small group leader, you have an important and challenging role. You know the time it takes to organize and research weekly lessons. You know your primary goals are to help your group engage and grow—with the Word and each other. Logos’ Studies in Faithful Living series equips small group leaders with all the tools you need to lead a rich and insightful study without sacrificing time for other priorities.
The second and third volumes of the Patriarchs Collection, Jacob: Discerning God’s Presence and Joseph: Understanding God’s Purpose, are now available. Each volume is an eight-week study of the lives of two of the Old Testament patriarchs. The complete church curriculum includes several features designed to help you as you lead your small group.
- It provides lesson plans. One of the most time-consuming aspects of leading a small group is deciding how to organize your lessons. The Studies in Faithful Living small group resources do that for you! Each series comes complete with weekly lesson plans, including learning objectives that summarize the theme and concepts of the chapter. Lesson plans also offer an outline that draws from the chapter text, prompts that suggest when to explain concepts or read passages aloud, and discussion and application questions to engage your group and make participation easy and comfortable.
- It provides slideshows and videos. Sometimes small groups can be dry. The Studies in Faithful Living curriculum provides media resources to help you ensure your small group time is engaging and fun. Each chapter includes an opening video to introduce the chapter’s themes and provide a dynamic start to the study. Each chapter also comes with a slideshow—available in three file formats and two dimensions, either 16×9 or 4x3—that follows the lesson plan. Slide graphics illustrate concepts within the chapter, display key texts or quotes, and present the discussion and application questions found in the lesson plan.
- It provides handouts. You’ll save time by using the printable handouts—available in Microsoft Word and PDF formats—of the week’s application questions. Since small group members can purchase just the book, they will have the opportunity to read each chapter before the meeting and come prepared for discussion.
- It provides easy access to further research. Want to take your study deeper? At the end of every chapter, the authors provide a list of suggestions for further reading. The list is annotated with a brief description of what you can expect to gain from consulting each additional resource. All of these suggestions are available in Logos Bible Software, making your additional research only a click away.
- It gives you great content. None of these features would be worth much without great content. Each edition of Studies in Faithful Living includes eight chapters—in this case, tracing the lives of Jacob and Joseph and their journeys of faith. Each chapter walks you and your group through the biblical text. You’ll gain not only literary and historical context, but an understanding of how each story fits into the larger narrative of the Bible and what early interpreters thought of it. Application reflections and questions then allow you to see how these ancient stories of faith are relevant to your own story today.
Jacob: Discerning God’s Presence: Complete Church Curriculum and Joseph: Understanding God’s Purpose: Complete Church Curriculum make it easier for you to lead your small group through an engaging and thorough study. To celebrate shipping these final volumes in the Studies in Faithful Living: Patriarchs Collection, use coupon code SFLPAT through Friday, April 26, to get the discounted price of $229.95.