The Brutal Truth

megaphoneIt’s a challenge to market Bible study tools. Products don’t sell themselves, and we are a business; selling things is how we pay the bills and continue to support ourselves and users. It sounds like we’re always selling, and in a way we are.

Someone could be cynical and say that we’re only encouraging people to study the Bible because we make money when they do. But we are in this business because we love making a product that serves the church while supporting our families. We really do want people to go deeper into the Bible, and we really are offering you an exceptional deal, on a fantastic product, for a limited time. It’s okay that we both win here!

“Limited time” is a tricky thing

When deciding how long to make our Logos 5 upgrade sale, we tried to think of everyone. By offering the introductory specials at the end of the year and extending them into the new year, we tried to help many of our pastors and leaders take full advantage of year-end or new-year’s book budgets. We gave plenty of notice so that those receiving cash for Christmas could plan ahead, those who wanted to put the purchase on their wish-lists could tell their loved ones, and those who needed to tighten their budgets to save up could plan ahead. Three months is actually pretty long for a “limited-time” sale, but don’t let that fool you—the sale really is over after this weekend (Monday night, Feb 4, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. PST, to be exact.)

Here’s where it gets challenging

There’s something special about a deadline’s finality that grabs people’s attention—unfortunately, too often on the wrong side of that deadline. It’s amazing how many people seem to call the week after a three-month sale to say, “Okay, you convinced me, I’ve waited three months, now I’m ready to get the deal,” only to be told they just missed out. Don’t let that be your sad story. Upgrade now before it’s too late.

Bottom line—there is no risk, just reward

If you only learn one thing about us from a customer-service standpoint, I hope it is that we have an amazingly awesome team that will bend over backwards to take care of you. We are here to serve you at every level and in every department, all the way to the top. If you ever have a situation that can’t be handled by our staff, you can go straight to our president.

Our customer service is your 100% iron-clad purchase-protection policy. Perhaps you haven’t read all the copy, watched all the videos, or learned everything there is to know about all your upgrade options—I get it, it can be overwhelming. My encouragement to you is to learn what you can, verify that the incredible deals we’re claiming to give you are true, and—if you don’t have the time or patience to do all your research right now—just jump in at the highest level you can to lock in your special discounted sale price (and the extended payment plans). Then, take your time to get familiar with the new product, texts, tools, datasets . . . at your leisure. If you decide it wasn’t the right move for you, we’ll be glad to return that upgrade and serve you with a full refund any time in the next 30 days.

We really want to serve you, even if you just want to give it a “test run” for 30 days. Remember: you can go for the biggest collection upgrade possible and still have a relatively small first-month charge on your credit card, thanks to our extended payment-plan options. Even if you decide you just want to take 30 days to see what it’s like to have the biggest and best, there’s no risk to you, and you’ll only be charged the first month’s payment. If you decide not to keep it, even that will be refunded—there is simply no risk.

Call our upgrade hotline at 1-888-875-9491 or send us an email and talk to someone about your upgrade options.

Our team is available:

• 6:00 a.m–9:00 p.m. (PST) February 1
  • 6:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. (PST) February 2
  • 6:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. (PST) February 4

Or simply head to Logos.com and upgrade now!

16 Responses to “The Brutal Truth”

1. Michael Davault February 2, 2013 at 7:32 am #

Probably 90 % or more of my Logos use is on my iPad rather than my PC. Will I notice a significant difference in Logos 5 on my iPaD?

• Nathan Smoyer February 6, 2013 at 11:18 am #

Hi Michael. You will have access to new resources on your iPad upon upgrading. Depending on what you currently own and what you upgrade to you will receive more resources. Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

2. William Trujillo February 2, 2013 at 8:24 am #

All I can say is Amen!! To all the statements made.
    Logos software has helped me tremendously with my walk in Christ and my ability to teach and train others that desire to become Disciples of Christ.
    God Bless You in all you do and don’t ever stop promoting your work.
    Personally I can not get enough of it.

• Nathan Smoyer February 6, 2013 at 11:19 am #

Thanks for the kind words, William. Take care!

3. Charles Reeder February 2, 2013 at 3:19 pm #

There is also a brutal truth which I am not ashamed of and that is the fact I am on SS just like a lot of others who receive Logos ads and are not able to participate in purchasing any of the items up for sale even desired. It also seems inconsistent to purchase a basic package namely Logos 5 for $365.00 when all I need is just the update without any unneeded books. I have books in my library that I am not aware of and do not need from past updates. I have heard that eventually Logos will present just the upgrade without extra books which I am looking forward to. Another question is “What will happen to those who do NOT upgrade to a basic package?” These are just my feelings and not intended to make any waves to or against Logos. I do like what I can do with it and just like to purchase what I want when I think it is needed.

Chuck

• Nathan Smoyer February 6, 2013 at 11:24 am #

Hi Chuck. To address your concern about those who do not upgrade—nothing with will happen. Logos 4 will still operate and we will continue to make a few improvements to Logos 4. Thanks for providing this feedback. Have a nice day!

4. Christopher Byars February 3, 2013 at 5:38 am #

I agree the product is very helpful but my experience with customer service is far from exceptional if there is a glitch. Exceptional does not seek to blame the customer to resolve an error.

• Nathan Smoyer February 6, 2013 at 11:25 am #

Thanks for the kind words, Christopher! Glad we could provide you with a great experience. Have a terrific week!

5. Joost Nixon February 3, 2013 at 8:02 am #

I’ve been using Logos since it came in a huge packet of stiffy disks (back in the early 90′s–yep, the seminary days). And I am a huge fan. You guys just keep getting better. I have invested thousands of $s with you guys, and don’t regret it. However (you knew that was coming, didn’t you?), right now I just want to protect my investment by having the software upgrade to LOGOS 5. I’ll be buying more books from you–but I want to cherry pick them. I already have a huge bundle–and much of it lies unused. So please give us a “just the software” option–especially considering many customers faithful patronage over nearing 25 years…

• Nathan Smoyer February 6, 2013 at 11:28 am #

Hi Joost. Thank you for your continued business.

It sounds like the best option for you may be the Minimal Crossgrade. Take a look at how the Minimal Crossgrade could be your best option: http://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give our Product Specialists a call: 800-875-6467

Have a wonderful day!

6. Ian Rowlands February 3, 2013 at 10:35 am #

I already upgraded, and have to confess I’m a bit disappointed that the new features don’t make that much difference to me, and that LOGOS on the iPad seems feature poor. I know that some of the things I like must be banned by policy (why is printing so hard?) but I had really hoped LOGOS 5 would be more of a step change in usability. With that out of the way, can I put my product management guy hat on for a moment and applaud you for trying to be creative in generating business? I know you are about Kingdom business, and there is nothing wrong in using the best of thecworld’s tools (with integrity) to equip others to spread the Word. I think it was General Booth who said “Why should the devil have all he best tunes?”

7. Bill Fitzgerald February 3, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

I am in the same position as Charles Reeder. I’m on a fixed income and heart-rending requests for financial support from those I’ve never heard of are increasing exponentially. Mat 25 seems to make the choice for me.
    So I will wait for an offer to upgrade to Logos 5 without having to purchase any texts for my library. I still applaud the marvelous work you do for all of us.

• John McDaniel February 4, 2013 at 2:29 pm #

Bill, you can get the minimal cross-grade, that’s what I did. It’s not FREE, but it’s awesome!

• Nathan Smoyer February 6, 2013 at 11:40 am #

Hi Bill. Thanks for being a loyal customer. We appreciate your business very much. We understand everyone has different budgets and may not be able to upgrade to Gold or Platinum. We do offer a Minimum Crossgrade. Take a look: http://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call: 800-875-6467

Have a wonderful day, Bill!

8. THEO SUDS February 5, 2013 at 9:41 am #

I am very offended by “put it in your face” advertising. In fact I am on hold with Amazon about Kindle PaperWhite advertising.
    I think your advertising is done very professional and not pushy at all.
    Thanks for your product.