Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
I’ve been asked several times about an effective way to locate all the names, titles, or designations of God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit. I’m very pleased to tell you that, in Logos 5, that task is much easier. Try this suggestion (keeping in mind that this feature does not appear in all Logos base packages):
- Choose Tools | Bible Facts.
- Type the word God in the reference box. (A)
- Select God from the drop down list, or if it’s already selected, just press the Enter key to generate the report.
- Wait patiently just a few seconds—this is an extensive search.
- Note in the sidebar a section called REFERRED TO AS. (B)
- Scroll through this section, taking note of the various names, titles, etc., of God used throughout the Bible!
After enjoying this list of verses, type Jesus or Holy Spirit in the box to see their designations as well.
A big thank-you goes out to the content innovation team at Logos, who manually and painstakingly tagged the Bible with all this data!
If you were a Logos 4 user and recently upgraded to Logos 5, check out all the new features in the What’s New Training Manual from MP Seminars.
* * *
It’s time to upgrade to Logos 5. See the special pricing our Custom Upgrade Discount Calculator has for you.