Get Notes and Highlighting on Your Android Device!

If you use Logos’ Android Bible app, now you can add new functions for mobile Bible study, among them notes, highlighting, and resource text selection. Interact with the Word: save your thoughts and comments on any verse or book, and mark the text with colors and symbols.

You’ll get:

• Notes: Attach your thoughts and comments to a verse or book for future reference.
  •  Highlighting: Mark the text your way with more than 80 colors and symbols.
  • Languages: Access the original Greek and Hebrew with a simple tap-and-hold on any word in the Bible. You’ll instantly see the term’s lemma and morphology.
  • And much more!

With your free Logos account, you can grow your mobile library on your own terms, choosing from Logos’ and Vyrso’s  27,000-plus Bibles, commentaries, reference guides, Christian living books, and other titles. Just sign in with your Logos account to start browsing.

The Android Bible app helps you experience fuller, richer Bible study wherever you go—and it’s absolutely free.

Learn more about Logos’ Bible app for Android by visiting the Android page, or simply download the app today from the Google Play store.

10 Responses to “Get Notes and Highlighting on Your Android Device!”

1. Christopher August 9, 2012 at 3:32 am #

Will notes and highlighting eventually be cross-platform? In other words, if I create notes and perform highlighting on the computer with Logos4, will those details show up on the Logos Android Bible App? It would be neat to “record once, see everywhere.”

• David Schwegler (Logos) August 10, 2012 at 11:52 am #

Hi Christopher,

Yes, they are cross-platform, and will show up on any device that has logos. If you’re experiencing a problem with that, please post your information on our forums (http://community.logos.com/forums/96.aspx), and we can get working on a fix, thank you!

• Christopher August 11, 2012 at 5:56 am #

Very cool! Works great! There is a slight delay in receiving the highlight/notes on the Android device — I was going to fast in skimming resources. From now on I’ll wait until the synching process completes in order to see the highlights/notes. Awesome! Thanks for your response David!

2. Adam Vine August 9, 2012 at 9:20 am #

Looks to be a great add…but ya know what would truly be great? To have our access to our collection list. Is it just me or how in the world does everyone sort out the thousands of books in any meaningful way without the ability to use the collections feature?? But, yes…the notes is a nice feature to access.

3. Gene August 11, 2012 at 3:57 am #

When will this highlighting feature be available for Kindle Fire?

4. Gene Van Dyke August 11, 2012 at 4:29 am #

When will the highlighting feature be available for Kindle Fire? It is working on my Android phone, and I love it.

• Gene Van Dyke August 13, 2012 at 8:01 am #

I have it on my and my wife’s Kindle. Working great.

5. David Beth-El August 14, 2012 at 3:04 am #

Is this the best app or what! It’s faster, easier, cooler in every way, and let’s me summarise my text books on the go. Love all the features! Powerful little app and it doesn’t slow down the phone like the old version used to. Well done Logos.

6. Paul S Covington August 11, 2012 at 6:56 pm #

Just figured this one out. First, one must have one of the Bibles with the word by word Greek built in (NIV, NRSV as examples) listed as the preferred Bible and then one must click (touch) “info” one the highlighted word.

this works but some of the Greek characters don’t come though. there seems to be a glitch and it makes reading the Greek word difficult.

7. Paul S Covington August 11, 2012 at 7:02 pm #

Forgot to mention, I am using Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Android OS 3.2. I don’t know how to send a screen shot thought this system but if someone from logos support can email me, I’ll send through a screen shot of what is happening.