Today’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris, who has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos seminars, provides many training materials.
It was my recent privilege to help a Logos user with the following scenario. As he studied a scriptural subject like angel of the Lord, he found himself redoing the phrase search each day of his research. He wanted to execute the search one time and then have quick access to the results any time he wanted whether his investigation lasted one day or one year. Here’s what we set up:
- Open the Search panel.
- Select Bible as the search type. (A)
- Select the preferred Bible and ranges such as New American Standard Bible and All Passages from the drop-down lists. (B)
- Type the search string, such as “angel of the Lord.” in the Find box . (C)
- Press the Enter key to generate the search.
- Choose the panel menu on the Search panel. (D)
- Select Save as Passage List. (E)
- Rename the Passage List (if desired). (F)
- Adjust the Bible(s) to display in the Passage List (if desired). (G)
- Drag the Passage List tab to the Shortcuts bar. (H)
Now anytime you need access to that list, just click the new icon on the Shortcuts bar! When you’re finished with the shortcut, right-click it and select Delete. Even after you delete the icon, though, the Passage List stays safe, secure, and synchronized on the File menu.
Is there a particular subject you find yourself studying on a regular basis? Leave a comment and let us know!