A doctor of ministry is the go-to degree for people already ministering at churches and on the mission field. DMin curricula include lots of lengthy written assignments, stacks and stacks of expensive textbooks, and plenty of academic exercises.
But Does Academic Work Carry Over into Ministry?
You’ll spend weeks, quarters, or semesters perfecting one project in seminary. You’ll also have a heads-up on projects and assignments in your syllabus and the structure of a classroom to help you prepare for tests and papers.
You don’t get that kind of leeway in ministry.
You need biblical answers now. You need to dig into the Scriptures, research current issues, and disciple people in God’s truth. You need a foundation of sound theology and immediate access to Christian information.
A traditional DMin program takes care of the theology part, but it doesn’t give you the tools to find answers now. In real-life ministry, you don’t have semesters on end to research what the Bible says on a given topic; you need answers by Sunday morning, by this week’s staff meeting, or by the end of this conversation.
So We Made a DMin That Uses Logos!
Knox Theological Seminary and Logos Bible Software have crafted a DMin in Preaching and Teaching that prepares you for today’s fast-paced, high-tech ministry environment. It’ll enrich and deepen your preaching and teaching with theological training from some of the world’s foremost Bible scholars:
- Dr. Bruce K. Waltke, author of An Old Testament Theology
- Dr. Haddon Robinson, one of Christianity Today’s “Top 25 Most Influential Preachers”
- Dr. Sam Lamerson, professor of New Testament and pastor of 16 years
- Dr. Warren A. Gage, professor of Old Testament and Chair of Christianity and Culture
And every textbook you’ll need to get your doctor of ministry is included in your very own Logos 4: Portfolio Edition. No kidding, people: your own Portfolio—our largest base package—is included in the price!
5 Reasons Why the Knox/Logos DMin Is So Important
The DMin in Preaching and Teaching from Knox gives you a few things that you won’t find in other programs:
- You’ll learn from the finest scholars. You saw the lineup—these scholars will pass on their knowledge and expertise directly to you.
- You’ll graduate a Logos expert. Your first class will prep you to use Logos like the tech-savviest of scholars. By the time you’re hooded, you’ll be a regular Morris Proctor
- You can keep your job and church. You’ll attend up to four on-site classes every year; do the rest of your studies wherever you want!
- Your ministry will have lifelong momentum. Armed with sound doctrine and the finest Bible research technology, you’ll be prepared to quickly find the answers your congregation’s needs.
- Logos Bible Software will cover your airfare booking and costs for your first on-site class if you apply before May 30, 2012!
Make Your Doctorate Count!
If you’re ready to start earning your “Dr.,” get one that equips you for powerful lifelong ministry through world-class teaching and Logos Bible Software. Check out the Doctor of Ministry in Preaching and Teaching from Knox today.