Free Personal Book Builder Ships with New Logos 4 Update!

We are excited to announce that the completely redesigned Personal Book Builder has shipped with the new version (4.3) of Logos Bible Software. Like all previous updates, version 4.3 is a free download for all Logos 4 users.

Personal Book Builder

With this update, Personal Book Builder will be added to Logos 4 as a completely free feature. You will now be able to create your own fully tagged, fully searchable books in Logos. These resources can be marked up with your own notes and highlights, and you can add links to your other Logos resources.

Create Your Own Resources!

Personal Book Builder allows you to create your own powerful, feature rich books for Logos 4! These books will operate with much of the same functionality as your other Logos resources.

Just think of all the documents you can combine with your Logos library. You can add your sermons, Sunday school lessons, personal Bible studies, or journals. Teachers can upload their curriculum and students can add their papers, essays and theses. Virtually any work you have on a Word document (.docx) can be integrated into your Logos 4 resources. Did I mention this was free?

How Do You Get the Update?

Logos 4 Users

If you have automatic updating enabled (screenshot), which is the default setting, Logos 4 should notify you that updates are ready to be installed. When you see the balloon tooltip window, right-click on the Logos icon in your system tray and choose to “Install update” (screenshot). If Logos 4 hasn’t downloaded the update by the end of the day, type Update Now into the Command Bar (screenshot). This will force Logos 4 to check for any available updates (screenshot) and begin downloading them.

Need to Upgrade to Logos 4?

If you are using a previous version of Logos Bible Software and waiting for that perfect time to upgrade to Logos 4, this is it! Not only do you get the newest version of Logos 4 including the Personal Book Builder, you will receive:

• Up to hundreds of new books for pennies on the dollar
  • 100+ powerful new tools, features, databases, and more
  • Access to your library on your PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android device, and Biblia.com
  • An interest-free payment plan option for up to twelve monthly payments

Visit our customized upgrader to find out what discounts you qualify for.

New to Logos?

If you have not made the leap to Logos, what are you waiting for? There are a number of enthusiastic users who would love to tell you how much you will benefit from Logos Bible Software. Purchase a base package today and see how Logos 4′s incredible features can dramatically improve your Bible study.

What’s New in Logos 4.3?

Version 4.3 brings a number of important new features—many of which are in direct response to your requests. Here are the major ones:

• Personal Book Builder
  • Resource Justification and Hyphenation—Full justification of resource text, with hyphenation, can be enabled/disabled in Program Settings. The default setting is Enabled.
  • Exegetical Guide—The default “Parts of Speech” setting in the “Word by Word” section is now “Include only these parts of speech” with only Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs selected.” Other parts of speech will be displayed, but will be grayed out. Clicking on a grayed-out word will generate data and navigate to the result.

There were also some nice little improvements made to resources, notes, searches, sentence diagramming, and syncing.

There are also some new features available for Mac users including updates to notes, keyboard shortcuts, and setup.

Check out “What’s New in Logos 4.3” to see a complete list of the changes.

Leave us a comment and tell us what you plan to add to your Logos 4 library with the Personal Book Builder!

Comments

1. Dean Masters says:

Is there some place where we can find out what has been added to help the accessibility of the latest version? right now I can only open a book and listen to it. I think if I wanted to use the passage guide or exegetical guide I would have to export it then open it in Word. I think the links would then open L4 to the correct place but I have not checked this out fully. I know once I exported a p;assage guide to Wordpad and there were links for a number of the items so assume if I clicked on these L4 would open to the place where I could find out about the items.

2. Christian P.J. BAhnerth says:

Book builder is a great tool for writers like me. Is there any method to upload the newly created book so that other Logos users can read it also?

3. S. Macdonald says:

Very glad to see this update released. I’ll be using it to import patristic documents in Greek and Latin to work with within the Logos-4 framework. As Christian asks, it would be great to be able to share content.

4. Chris Roberts says:

This is great news, thank you Logos!
    It was only 2 weeks ago that I was looking at buying the Sermon File Addin, but was saddened to find that it wasn’t yet supported on Logos 4. Now I get the book builder which apparently replaces it – for free.

Logos – I’d love it if you were able to put up a tutorial on how to use the Personal book builder to build sermon and illustration books or could you update http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures to give a better indication of timeline (it currently says Q2 2011), so I know if I should start building those books now, or wait for what to see you are planning.

5. What am I going to add with Logos 4 PBB? Sixteen books from Logos 3 PBB, of which most are Watchman Nee, some are Jonathan Edwards, and some are personal items. At last! Thank you!

• And I am done already. Just open Logos 3 PBB HTML in Word, save as DOCX, add a new Personal Book in Logos 4, repeat for each book, done!

6. Thank you Logos for this FREE new feature!!!

7. Steve Walker says:

What about right mouse click highlighting in Logos and Highlighting and Notes in the IPhone App??????

8. I did not recognize that layout on the right in the video. Does anyone know what that was? Is that Logos or something like MS Word? Here’s a screenshot for reference:

-darren

9. Our pastor has been using Logos for several years and loves it an teaches with every week. I hope to be able to study with it myself.

10. I now understand that my subscription is being processed and the Logos materials are being sent to me. I’m not sure how the materials will be sent? Via email, or by mail. Thus far I have not received notification of how this takes place, but I am really looking forward to receiving the materials and beginning it’s use for my studies. I really can’t thank you enough for the assistance.

I have one gentleman, whom I share some of my studies with, and he is using another Bible study program at present for his preparation for teaching. I plan on sharing infomration with him concerning the materials you will be sending along to me. With the subscription to the newsletter, I can also share that with him as well, and it is possible that he will apply to you for materials to supplement his study plan for his teaching. He knows of Logos, but has not made inquiries at this point.

Many Many Thanks for your help.

11. David Brokaw says:

Raymond, go to your account on logos.com and just down load the base program in your acount area. The rest is automatic. for LOGOS4

12. alfred watts says:

This is a great tool for ministry love the software

13. thanks for this free app

14. Paul Anderson says:

When will Logos allow high lighting? Will this be available for the iPad?

15. John Ojewole says:

Logos always changed the resolution of my computer screen most of the time and it makes everything too large to manage.

What am I doing wrong? This only happens on my Lenovo Windows7 laptop computer.

John