Logos 4: Update Logos on the Spur of the Moment

mp|seminars TipsToday’s post is from Morris Proctor, certified and authorized trainer for Logos Bible Software. Morris has trained thousands of Logos users at his two-day Camp Logos training seminars.

At Tools | Program Settings you can tell Logos when to search for and download updates.  You can also initiate an update any time you like:

• Make sure you are connected to the internet
  • Type Update Now in the Command box
  • Press the Enter key
  • A popup “window” indicates if an update has been found
  • After the download completes, restart Logos to install the update

Remember to check your Logos Home Page for a description of any new features downloaded or a list of updated resources.

For those of you who have updated recently, leave us a comment and let us know what you think about the new update description reporting.

Comments

1. Donald Minor says:

The update description reporting in my opinion is one of the best things you could have done. It use to be very aggravating to see the software being updated and not have a clue as to what was bring updated.
    Thanks for informing the consumer!

2. Jerry Albright says:

I like the update reports. It is always nice to know what files have just been updated and new resources added. Or, just when improvements have been made. However, I would like to know when “sermon file” will be ready for Logos 4. According to the website it was projected for 1st quarter 2011.

3. Peggy Mcaulay says:

Really helps to what has been updated and down loaded, Thanks

4. golfwest says:

I haven’t seen the new Update Description Report taht Mo is referring to in the blog. Unless I missed it or unless it is the lower right hand corner of the my screen where it says there are or are not any updates.

5. ERNST WENDLAND says:

Concerning your last blog on updating Logos:
    Why can you not develop a way (additional popup?) to indicate on/near the little blue Logos download icon what it is, exactly, that is being downloaded–a new resource, a software update, whatever? I get automatic updates and it’s a chore to undertake a special search to find out what the download is doing (if that info even is available anywhere).
    ewendland
    Lusaka, ZAMBIA

6. john h pavelko says:

This is one of the least helpful blogs. I do not know whether that is so because I just let Logos run and update when it updates, Or because if have read it elsewhere